Customize your gun sights

Discussion in 'Glow-On' started by Gatopardo, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Gatopardo

Gatopardo Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG]

2. tookerw1040

tookerw1040 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Web sight?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

3. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Here is a link to our website:
    Glow-On

Please use the contact page at our website or this forum for more info

Please remember to stir the paint before use, the paint should be thin an very fluid, practice on a metallic surface before applying it to your gun sights, clean your sights with alcohol before you apply the paint and let it dry for at least 24 hours before the nail varnish coat.

Hope everyone is having a good year so far. Gato[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG]

5. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG]

6. petyweestraw

petyweestraw XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Still not sold on this. You have to charge them first right?

Angry Panda Poon RAAAWR!

7. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just like a gun, you have to load it first, right?

[​IMG]

8. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  9. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How do I put this thing on my gun sights?

Here is a simple no frills sequence in different iron sights, mind you Glow-On will stick to anything, synthetic, aluminum, titanium steel, etc.
    Don't just "paint" it, put a small but thick drop over your sights, fill in the dots, be bold and get a good glow.
    No need for white paint as backdrop here, Glow-On is opaque enough.
    After it dries put on a couple of layers of transparent nail polish. This will make the surface smooth and easy to clean as well.
    Note: We prefer Sally Hansen's "Hard as nails" (about US$ 3.00), anything similar at the hardware store will cost you a pretty penny. We are cost conscious here or the whole thing wouldn't make sense.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  11. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sometimes I second guess myself when it comes to buying a tool for my shop, later on, I find I urgently need it and I go back in my mind to the moment when I decided not to spend those $20.
    In that very moment I feel like I would pay anything to have it right there and then and I would like to have flexible enough legs to kick myself in the butt.
    I promised not to second guess myself anymore. When I see something "i might need in the future" I just get it!

If you feel you might need Glow-On in the future, just get it, is just 10 bucks. Remember is better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all[​IMG].

[​IMG]

Here some links to our website,

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map

And here is an OK video that explains briefly the application

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80P2-jkdoHU&feature=autoplay&list=UUi08TLMS1xZioE3aYSYykEA&playnext=2"]Glow-on Super Phosphorescent application - YouTube[/ame]

12. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    A cool idea and a good alternative to white dots gun sights.
    Did you know that a second of natural day light will charge your sights and make the super luminous? Just draw your firearm before you check that barn for furry pests or a building.

[​IMG]

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKDYEfYy2U&list=UUi08TLMS1xZioE3aYSYykEA&index=10&feature=plcp"]Glow-on gun sight paint tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

13. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Eyesight works due a complex mechanism that allows for our mind to understand the world in front of our eyes.
    Aligning up a shot with a firearm is also a process that involves our eyes on one side and a good understanding of such firearm mechanism and mode of operation on the other.
    Synergistically , (which means "... the result is greater than the sum of the parts") and especially in martial arts, of which firearm training is one of them, this is very true.

Adaptation to light conditions is painfully slowly, particularly while focusing or targeting objects in very dark places. While the firearm operational status is not affected by our vision's obvious limitations, the point of impact of a projectile and any subsequent rectifications weigh highly on our eyesight.

And since every bit of help counts, we offer our product like one more alternative (not a substitute) which will work along most sighting systems available today for the gun enthusiast.
    We offer 100% money back guarantee, no questions, no hassle. For the price of a fast food meal.

[​IMG]

14. Gatopardo

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Additional markings were made on top of the firearm to reinforce a sense of direction in dark environments.

In dark environments our eyesight functions a bit differently than in the presence o light. What we call peripheral vision is enhanced in the dark and the center of vision, which we use primarily to see daylight, is affected by a semi blind spot. That is the reason why when we look directly at a star in the night it appears to disappear for milliseconds and the stars around seem brighter.
    But don't take my word for it, you can try it: set your firearm with tritium or Glow-On over your bedside table and when you are not looking directly at it, the gun sights appear bright, now take the firearm and peep thru the gun sights and they appear to disappear momentarily.
    When shooting in the dark don't look directly thru your gun sights.

The best way to "see" things in the dark is to look at them indirectly. In fact using this method your gun sights appear brighter and it is a more efficient method to point your firearm and discharge it more accurately.

Facing a threat area with a shotgun with luminous markers in a low ready position allows for a faster deployment.
    Essentially aligning up a shot with luminous markers is easier done without looking directly at the gun sights. Similar to reflexive shooting, only that in a dark environment we will need not many, but a few "visual anchors" to help our brain understand our surroundings. In a moment of hi stress, luminous markers on a shotgun could be one.

It's very important to have a plan, a threat has to be turned around and the change has to be in our favor.
    Make sure everyone in the household understands this defensive plan, make sure everyone you love is behind you or in a safe place when this thing goes BANG!

[​IMG]

15. HoJo

HoJo XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I ordered mine Tuesday night and got it today so I sure can't complain about shipping.