Springfield XD Forum banner

Crossbreed holsters?

18K views 63 replies 42 participants last post by  wellerjohn 
#1 ·
Picked up my XD-S today and put 100 flawless rounds through it; lovin it.
Anyway, I need a IWB holster and it appears that a lot of people like the crossbreed line. I like the smaller quikclip; does anyone have any experience with one for their XD-S? I would rather the quickclip, just want to hear some opinions.
How about the super tuck or mini tuck?

Any other recommended IWB holsters?

Thanks for your input.

#53 ·
The cross doesn't bother me. Aren't they a Christian owned company?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Yes! Mark(RIP) was proud and refused to take the crosses off when customers requested.

#56 · (Edited)
I've really enjoyed this entire thread. Planning on adding the XDs to my collection in the next month. Currentyly running the XDm .40 4.5" in the IDPA (Only completed 2 times) I've had some nice work done on it thru Springer Prec.
I want to know if anyone has installed a Viridian C5L on a XDs, and if so, is it still acceptable for CC everyday.
I've owned Crossbreed for my .380, and looked to them first for such a holster. After reading this thread, I found "White Hat" and it seems that I'll likely order their Maxtuck with fitment for a Viridian Laser/Light C5L. Anythoughts, Comments or Pix would be great. Sorry for the Hijack.

#59 ·
Comp-Tac for me. Ordered and received a Minotaur in about 7 days.
The Minotaur is a top notch piece and higher quality than the Inbreed or the Whitehead or whatever it's called. It is covered on the back side so no rivet heads, the kydex shell covers the whole barrel so it won't rub a hole on your pants, and it is just plain better looking than the other two (IMO). The shells are reasonably priced and a snap to swap. And I hate the silly arse crosses on the Inbreed.
Comp-Tap has always been a pleasure to deal with and the wait times are almost always less than the competition. My opine only.
Gee for a newbie with four whole posts to his/her name you sure do come in swinging :-? Why all the name calling on the other brands (re: inbreed)?

Also you say the Minotaur looks better - when youre talking IWB who really cares? You been pulling your pants down and showing everybody your concealed holster/gun? :p

#60 ·
That's a good question. The short answer is no. I have had the same backing now for a year with 3 different guns from 5" 1911 to full sized HK45 now the XDs and have not had any issues. Never heard from any of our customers that this is a probe,em. Of course if you ever experience any issues down the road just let us know and we will get it situated for you.
I currently own a Crossbreed ST, 3 White Hats, and a CB MiniTuck for my wifes Ruger LCP. She does not like the MiniTuck and claims it cuts into her hip. (I will say this is no fault of Crossbreed at all! Everyone is built different and everyone will wear a holster different). She has been carrying my LCP LaserMax in a White Hat instead. I am thinking very seriously about buying a new kydex to fit the LCP, and putting it on another WH leather back I use less. I like that you can change kydex on the WH's, my CBST has been on a shelf for months and will be for several more because we rarely carry that gun and when we do it is OSWB. If you really want the smaller size of the CBMini why couldn't you just trim down tie leather on a WH???

#63 ·
Gee for a newbie with four whole posts to his/her name you sure do come in swinging Why all the name calling on the other brands (re: inbreed)?
Newbie? Nope, I have been here on & off since the beginning, I just come and go and use a different screen name sometimes.

Also you say the Minotaur looks better - when youre talking IWB who really cares? You been pulling your pants down and showing everybody your concealed holster/gun?
I care and that is all that matters. It is my $$.
And pulling my pants down??? Golly, is that a roundabout way to ask for a picture. The answer is "No".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.