component prices - mixed HS .223 brass $?

Discussion in 'The Ammo Can' started by Knightslugger, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Knightslugger

Knightslugger XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +390 / 34
    I am looking at selling quite a bit of the supply of .223 brass i have, and i want to be fair about it.

What i have is mixed headstamp (mostly LC) Once fired 5.56 / .223 brass that has been completely unprocessed. I am MORE than happy to do most, if not all of the prep work needed to get these into a ready-to-load state for whomever buys them (and i have about 5k in this state right now), but it would drive the cost up as the more time i put into it, the more i expect in return. I just don't know if anyone would want to pay that extra in leu of just getting a deal on raw range brass and doing all the crap work themselves.

I have seen some pretty ridiculous prices on the internet, and in all sorts of various states (Raw, cleaned, semi-processed, RTL) ranging from $400 / 1000 to $100 / 1000 (that would be midway's currently out of stock & no backorder price).

I'm apprehensive about selling brass at a gun-show since i really don't know what the market will yield (i'm no business man). Of the places that aren't out of stock/backorder, there are some who are asking $300 / 1000 for uncleaned, unprocessed (Raw) mixed HS brass, $50-$60 more if you want it cleaned (they offer nothing past that). I can't imagine this is the current asking price for range pick-ups... but it's been so long that i really don't know!

What would be a reasonable, fair, and non-DB Gouger price point be for what i offer? should i bother with the processing?

2. fredj338

fredj338 XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0
    Well, anything over $100/1000 is gouging, but hey , free market, make some money. No one is making buyers buy. Before the election, you could buy once fired/unproc for $85/K all day everywhere. Amazing what a few month diff makes. A buddy gave me 2K once fired range pickups, glad to have them now. Processing adds only about $25/K, not worth the effort IMO. Just tumble, bag em & sell em.

3. NickXD40

NickXD40 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nightslugger,
    You still selling the brass?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

4. fredj338

fredj338 XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0
    Widener's has OF LC for $130, so there is a gage.

5. CrankyCJ

CrankyCJ XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought a grand of mixed 223 for 90 bucks shipped to my door from brassman in las vegas.

Whatever you do= get top dollar. Don't feel bad about getting top dollar or buy into the talk of gouging. We are, and have always been, a free market economy. Nobody is making a buyer buy. You have a commodity that is valuable in today's economy. You have a responsibility to yourself to get top dollar for a valuable commodity. Just IMO.