Colt/Umarex .22lr 1911 Rail Gun

Discussion in 'M1911' started by FauxReel, Mar 10, 2011.

1. FauxReel

FauxReel XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone seen this gun anywhere? I am wondering if its really available, or if its not being widely distributed, or if its just too wildly popular.

[​IMG]

Im in the market for a .22lr 1911, and this just looks totally sick. The GSG gun looks nice and reviews well, and is more easiliy available.

Im just wondering how long I would be waiting if I tried to wait it out for this model.

Anyone know anything about this?

2. Brickboy240

Brickboy240 XDTalk 25K Member

Ratings:
    +453 / 5
    I dunno...but if it is as "lovely" as their AR 22 long gun...I'd buy something else!

...seriously.

- brickboy240

3. HopkinsXD

HopkinsXD XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just because it is made by Umarex is the reason i would NOT buy it. i would check out the Browning 1911-22 in govt. or commander. it costs more but is supposed to be a better all around gun. msrp is $600 so subtract somewhere in the ball park of $100 or so.

4. Brickboy240

Brickboy240 XDTalk 25K Member

Ratings:
    +453 / 5
    A Ruger 22-45 feels very similar to a 1911 and is a MUCH higher quality pistol than most of the imported 1911 22s.

I have shot a 22-45 for about 12 years now and have no plans to buy a 22 1911. The 22-45 does everything I need in a 22 pistol and is reliable and accurate.

Check out the Ruger 22-45....you might forget all about the 22 1911s.

-brickboy240

5. garsider

garsider XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A couple of weeks ago, Apr 10, I happened on to this gun at a local gun show and bought it because it looked to be a well made Colt gun that also feel good in the hand. It is made by Walther of Germany as a reproduction colt and is about three quarter size of a normal 1911 45. Unlike most 22 of the 1911 configuration this one has more heft and steel in it I did a field strip on it and its a little more complicated and the inner workings seem to be more of a Walther mechanism than a colt mechanism with more parts and pieces internally. I think it is still a well made gun and walther is a good brand but disappointed that the internals looked less colt than my full size colt 1911 45. Cost was comparable to a Walther stanard frame gun, over $400, but if it becomes popular it could drive up the cost. The low 4 digit serial number is another reason I bought this 2010 made gun.

Outwardly it does look and feel like a colt with the same safety's and looks and I think buyers should be aware of the internal changes. Standard 1911 colt parts are not usable on this gun because of its smaller frame. The rail on the underside of the main frame is standard pitcany and very useful for laser or light mounting.

Front and rear sights are adjustable with white dot marks on them.

I haven't had this gun to the range or fired it yet and I have been unable to locate any extra ammo magazines either which there seems to be 2 sizes, a 10 rd and a 12 rd clip. I think its going to take a few years to have any accessory items and clips available.

This is about all the information I can offer at this time and how well the mechanism functions is the only thing I can't answer yet.

6. Mckay

Mckay XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From your description it seems like you have the Browning and not the Walther. I have the Walther Colt and aside from the grips it feels exactly the same as my Springfield Operator but just slightly heavier(I have the lightweight Operator). And the trigger pull is not bad at all, fairly crisp and reasonably close to my Operator. It shoots well and I only had a couple of ftfs using cheap federal ammo from Walmart. Overall quality is quite good and for the price I'm pretty happy with it. Internally it has the barrel connected to the frame but that is the only difference from regular 1911. Check out the review at the 1911.0rg forums and look at the pics. According to them you can interchange most parts with standard 1911 including trigger, hammer, mainspring housing etc.
    Here is the review link: Colt Government 1911 .22LR - by Umarex USA - M1911.ORG E-zine

7. rskowron2

rskowron2 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is one of the best 1911 style 22lr out there for the price. It is not picky with ammo and does not have jamming problems like other 22lr pistols. It actually feels like a 1911, other 1911 style pistols feel too light.

8. SuperBacon

SuperBacon XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. JTucker

JTucker XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw one at a gun show recently. Looked pretty good, about the same as a GSG

10. richeyo2

richeyo2 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seen 'em & handled at LGS haven't shot though. Feels good in hand, looks sweet!

11. AlanZ

AlanZ XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have one. Love it! CCI is the best stuff for it as it's the highest quality. Mags are a little on the pricey side but prices will subside as .22's popularity falls, if it ever does.
    Buy one, you won't regret it! :cool:

12. Harriett456

Harriett456 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dunno...but if it is as "lovely" as their AR 22 long gun...I'd buy something else![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. psubowhunter

psubowhunter XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the Gold Cup version it has fully adjustable sights and mine has been a dream to shoot it eats dang near any of the .22 ammo I have put thru it. It's accurate great practice. Easy to field strip compared to my Colt ace. Mags are pricy but hold 12 rounds ;) I highly recommend it.