Citadel 1911

Discussion in 'M1911' started by JRH, Feb 23, 2009.

1. JRH

JRH XDTalk 2K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Here are some pictures of my brand new .45 ACP caliber handgun. Test cartridge was fired 10-20-08.

Made by a company called Citadel in the Philippines, imported by Legacy International Firearms.

[​IMG]
    Low light, no flash on
    [​IMG]
    Put on the flash and Voila! You can see it better. You can see the hollow poionts and a single FMJ(Full Metal Jacket) round next to the gun.
    [​IMG]
    You can see the gun, the magazine, the bullets, and my Smith & Wesson Homeland Security knife.
    [​IMG]
    CITADEL and its logo. You can als see my Uniball pen. Writes very well!
    [​IMG]
    8 round magazine. Made in Italy.
    [​IMG]
    The sights. No dots, no lines, just blank no frills sights. I might spring for some frills.
    [​IMG]
    The other side of the 1911. It has an Ambidextrous thumb safety, so lefties can carry it too and won't have to fumble around to disengage the active safety.
    [​IMG]
    The beavertail grip safety is a feature I have to have on a 1911. I always get caught by the hammer on any gun without it. So to save myself the pain everytime I shoot, I like to have this option.
    [​IMG]
    Top view of the slide. Shows the dovetails for the sights, makes it easier to remove and replace the sight on the handgun.
    [​IMG]
    Cal .45 ACP Oh Yeah
    [​IMG]
    This is the side of the ejection port. It has been lowered and flared to improve the ejection of spent casings.
    [​IMG]
    This is the underside of the frame showing where it was made.
    [​IMG]
    Other than the fact that you can see there is no bullet, this is a scary view. I love Time Delay.
    [​IMG]
    I was just taking pictures to try and get one of the rifling inside the barrel. I did not succeed.
    [​IMG]
    The barrel bushing(thing around the big opening right there forms an arc over the little round thing on the bottom) can be kind of a pain in the ass when you field strip the pistol. I plan to practice doing that a bit.
    [​IMG]
    Slide is locked back and held open by that lever above the trigger(called the slide stop)
    [​IMG]
    Completely field stripped for cleaning.
    [​IMG]
    The chamber of the barrel. Don't worry about that dark stuff. Thats what the greased the gun in when they lubed it up before shipping.
    [​IMG]
    The barrel. This is the end that the bullet comes out of.
    [​IMG]
    This is the end of a bullet you don't want pointed at you. This is a hollow point.
    [​IMG]
    These are a couple of the Hollow Points I bought to use for personal protection rounds. Remington Golden Sabre 185 grain bullet.
    [​IMG]
    This is the 1911 once I slipped into into a simple Uncle Mikes' IWB(Inside the WaistBand) holster. It conceals nicely under a jacket or an untucked shirt(I have a polo shirt that it goes under nicely once I get a CCW)

2. Krackels

Krackels XDTalk 25K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Looks nice.

I'm guessing you haven't shot it yet.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  3. JhankG

JhankG XDTalk 3K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Congrats! The first thing I would do is pick up some Chip McCormick or Wilson magazines. After that, I would look into getting some new sights, preferably night sights. After that, you should be good to go!

• Like Like x 1
  4. gkelley3

gkelley3 XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0
    Nice acquisition! Let us know how it shoots!

I completely agree.

5. evidens83

evidens83 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Looks kinda like my RIA. Looks good none the less! How much if u dont mind me askin? Post a range report when you have the chance I'm curious to how it performs.

6. bigun

bigun XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    $511 at Buds.

7. shotgunpet

shotgunpet XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    from my understanding the Citadel is a Rock Island/armscor that was bought by a custom shop in Las Vegas named Citadel that rolled their name on it. We have one nearby that i am going to pick up for 489 in 3.5" CC model. They are nice.

8. JRH

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I was told that it was made by a sister company to Armscor.

I will let you guys know how she shoots when I get her to the range next. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet. I was able to hand cycle those hollowpoints without a single hitch the other day. And they seem like a good buy.

The reason for all the explanation with each pic up there was I posted this same thing on another forum I'm a part of, and most of the people there don't know much about guns.

9. JRH

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Just remembered. One surprise I had when I was at the range to pick this up. I got to meet Nikon777 while there. I saw his AR, thought it looked familiar, saw his GLOCK... and wondered. And when talking I asked him about other guns and he mentioned Sigs. I introduced myself from the forum at about that point. That is a nice AR he has.

10. redmax_1988

redmax_1988 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    if it goes boom instead of click when the triggers pulled its a keeper

11. WilliamWallace

WilliamWallace XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I would say that "APINTL" on the bottom of the slide and "Pahrump NV" points to Amscor Precision:

Armscor Precision, Inc. 150 N. Smart Way Pahrump, NV 89060 (i.e. it is the same thing as the RIA 1911).

Was probably built for Citadel Gun and Safe right here in Vegas, as previously stated. I know for a fact that they have a really good relationship with Ivan, the rep here in the states. That gun looks exactly like my RIA (Armscor) Tactical.

The price quoted above is pretty funny being that Citadel sells RIAs for ridiculous prices. I unknowingly paid $150 too much for mine because I didn't do my research first... $150 extra is quite the price hike on a gun that sells in the high 300s...

Good people, but their prices blow!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  12. leeindy

leeindy XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    charles daly is no longer importing armscor they went to some israely company. legacy is now importing the armscor with a different name (citadel) it is the exact same gun just new name and new importer armscor still handles all waranty work at there office in nevada.

13. xd-niner

xd-niner XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure that's an Armscor. They make them for a bunch of different brands. Charles Daly, High Standard, Rock Island, and a few more that don't come to mind. They're made on genuine Colt machines from what I hear. I have a High Standard Compact Crusader that came well configured. They're excellent guns and the price can't be beat. Good looking gun and good buy. It will serve you well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. IamCPTSpalding

IamCPTSpalding XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dammit, I could have bought one for $299 this last weekend.... should have looked it up and went back to that show.

Ugh..... you just never know