Springfield XD Forum banner

CHL Qualification with XDS

3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  BU98 
#1 ·
Last weekend I took my Texas CHL class. I used my xds .45 3.3 for qualification. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It went well other than being cold and the slide pinching my thumb resulting in dripping blood all over the side of the slide and grip.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I took my LTC class with my XDS 45 3.3 as well, I passed but ironically the guy next to me slit his vein open on his right hand due to improper grip. (He was not using an XDS) but thought that was crazy! blood flew out and hit the clear window that separated us like he had shot his thumb off or something, it was crazy to witness

Sent from my iPhone 6+

#3 ·
Not bad shooting. Congratulations on qualifying for your CHL. I also used my XDs .45 3.3 for my class. No problem qualifying here either - although I'll bet it was colder than for you (I did mine in Ohio in February at an outdoor range a few years back).

#6 ·
that was due to the lack of a clear Grip Zone identification. :lol: I was going to ask how your hand was, but you covered that quite well before i got a chance! Though i think it an absolutely crazy notion to qualify with a full box of ammo with a large caliber pocket gun, you seemed to do quite well. ...well except the hand mangling experience.

now everyone knows why i keep saying that a pocket gun is not a range gun. the XDs should not be used as an everyday range gun.

#9 ·
30 rounds or whatever it takes to qualify in Texas is not enough to make any difference. Carry holders need a lot more practice than that, which hopefully they get at their local range. As soon as my carry permit arrives I plan to take a couple advanced carry classes. I may be old but I'm still ejukatible. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
30 rounds or whatever it takes to qualify in Texas is not enough to make any difference. Carry holders need a lot more practice than that, which hopefully they get at their local range. As soon as my carry permit arrives I plan to take a couple advanced carry classes. I may be old but I'm still ejukatible. :)
It takes 50 in Texas.

I shoot my xds about 100 per range visit with no issues. My wife starts feeling her xds9 around the 70-80 mark.

#13 ·
Range Qualifications for Texas CHL

A total of 50 rounds are fired during the course of the qualification test. A score of 70%, or 175 points of a possible 250, is required to pass. The target used is a TX-PT which is a human-shaped silhouette target measuring 45 by 24 inches. All shooting is from the ready position, which means the gun is already in your hands and aimed in. No holster shooting or shooting from concealed is required.

Course of Fire:

3 yard line - 20 shots:

1 shot in 2 seconds, 5 times
2 shots in 3 seconds, 5 times
5 shots in 10 seconds, once

7 yard line - 20 shots:

5 shots in 10 seconds, once
1 shot in 3 seconds, 5 times
2 shots in 4 seconds, once
3 shots in 6 seconds, once
5 shots in 15 seconds, once

15 yard line - 10 shots:

2 shots in 6 seconds, once
3 shots in 9 seconds, once
5 shots in 15 seconds, once

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Prints will run you $50-$100 with $37 going to the state. But they aren't required. It's just gives them 30 more days to process your application. 90 days with prints. $150 to the state for filling fee. Good for 5 years. Of course we also have to have a FOID card. And after 5 years you have to take a refresher course and shell out another $150. What a scam.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.