Chinese Type 53 and Russian M44 from Aimsurplus

Discussion in 'Other Long Gun Talk' started by daisychain11B, Sep 20, 2012.

1. daisychain11B

daisychain11B XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    These are my first two purchases from Aimsurplus. Most of the time people report only negative things that have happened with firearms companies and distributors. I wanted to come on here and post my positive experience. I ordered my Russian M44 first and it came in quickly which was surprise because of the disclaimer they have on their site saying slower processing times on orders. I turned around shortly after and ordered the Type 53 because they are pretty inexpensive. Yet again pretty snappy response, when I received the rifle it was missing the bolt that goes through the stock and magazine. I contacted Aim the next day and they stated that they rifles are sent out exactly as they as received and then created an order to send me the missing bolt free of charge/shipping. Got the bolt in the mail several days later. I just wanted to throw out some positive words for Aimsurplus, who went out of their way to correct a problem they really didn't have to.

[​IMG]

and picture to prove it happened :cool:

2. richeyo2

richeyo2 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sweet collection you've got man!

Thanks for the positive report. Sucks when people only post about bad experiences...

3. daisychain11B

daisychain11B XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's always a bummer when you get a new toy only to find out something is wrong with it. It was after hours when I checked out my rifle so I spent some time on the web searching for a replacement bolt in case Aim wasn't able to help me out. The best thing I was able to find was an entire set for $20 plus shipping. It was awesome to simply call them up and get one sent out. The guy I talked to on the phone apologized and said they send them out just how they are received and that they would get an order in. Customer service has gone down hill so much lately it was just a big relief to have it corrected without a single issue.

4. richeyo2

richeyo2 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Definitely sounds like great customer service!

And you're right, most CS as fallen way off. It's like once they get your $ they are done w/you & you're on your own...Sad but true now days.

5. Brickboy240

Brickboy240 XDTalk 25K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    AIM has always done me right and is a good company to deal with.

The Type 53 is actually pretty rare. Yours is in MUCH better shape than my Korean War bring-back. They're good shooters but also fairly rare. You also have to consider that since 1994, no Chinese guns have been brought into America so the Type 53...along with other Chinese milsurps....will only go up in value from here. I also have a 1963 made Chinese military SKS and again...prices are high because it is illegal to bring Chinese made guns into America since Clinton placed the import ban.

-brickboy240