CC mag?

Discussion in 'General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk' started by human, Jun 25, 2009.

1. human

human XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Do you have to cc your mag? Can you get in trouble if it shows?

2. RogueXD

RogueXD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    I don't recall seeing any law stating you cannot OC a loaded mag...

3. community

community XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    you are just asking for trouble if you open carry your mag. just keep it concealed like your weapon. why ask for trouble?

4. Joeywhat

Joeywhat XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I open carry fairly often and so far there has been no trouble my way...most people will not even know it's a handgun magazine anyways.

5. xd-gunner

xd-gunner XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Carry with discretion, or you are asking for trouble. Why in the heck would you want everybody to see your gun and/or ammo anyway? This ain't the wild west, and carrying a gun does not make you cooler. It is there to protect your life and the lives of those you love, not to impress people.

6. Joeywhat

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Wow...you repeated exactly what was said before, and even managed to add the "wild west" argument. Don't worry though...it made me laugh.

Again...I open carry a lot. Maybe not a lot...but often enough. NO TROUBLE. Hell, no one has even ASKED about it. And even then only about 50% even notice the damn thing.

But you're right...when I open carry my pistol it's JUST like the movies, where I start shooting everyone who doesn't agree with me, and all the bad guys pick me out of the crowd and get into some old school gun fights.

Then once the fight is over all the women who ran for cover come out and hang off my arms and go on about how big my gun is and how cool I am because of it.

:roll:

Trouble must be on vacation or something. Because apparently I've been calling it's name for a while now and it doesn't seem to pay me any attention.

7. WhitBri

WhitBri XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go ahead and open carry your mag if you want. I'll choose to keep mine concealed as I prefer not to have a LEO's gun in my ear. Too many people with cell phone's waiting to call in a report of a guy with a gun. LEO will take it seriously and in Iowa anyways where your permit is given at the sheriff's discreation, it can also be taken away just as fast for a dumb move like that.

8. Joeywhat

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Maybe in Iowa it can...

However in some other states that is not the case. If that were to happen here in MI (arrested and gun taken for lawful OC) you'd get a nice apology from the PD and a possible lawsuit on your hands.

It's pretty sad that people are conditioned to think in this way in this country...

9. Laramie

Laramie XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agreed. Not trying to start a war, but here in Montana, and back when I regularly visited Arizona, I open carried regularly and also saw and see people open carrying as well. To date, Sheriff Earp hasn't stuck his smoke wagon between my eyes at the sight of me open carrying or anybody else for that matter.

10. FatboyCykes

FatboyCykes XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Think of the children!

11. human

human XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Ok well, i was more asking if my shirt came up and my mag was showing and a cop sees it, if i would get in trouble? There was nothing in the book i got when i took the class about that happening. Beause it is not my gun i think i would be ok, but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.

12. FatboyCykes

FatboyCykes XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not familiar enough w/texas laws to accurately answer that question. Check out Texas firearm laws, if they're like MI's it might be a little confusing and hard to research, but that's where your answer lies :D

13. Tard

Tard XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Dude, why are you making such a big deal of the obvious?
    This happens to all CCW folks at least once a week, especially the women hanging all over us. Duh. Jeez.

14. xdm4life

xdm4life XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    open carry is only a big deal because of people that think it is a big deal. even many gun supporters are all hush hush about ocing. it is perfectly legal here. and it wouldnt be so OMG guy with a gun if more people did it more often.

open carrying doesnt provide any strategic or tactical advantage. but it is a big deterrent. a bg knows you have a gun. now he is gonna go prey on someone who he doesnt see has a gun.

its like the cold war. we never had nuclear war, because russia knew we had nukes too. and they didnt want to get shot back... thats deterence.

if a BG see's my gun he might not mess with me, because he doesnt want to get shot back. where if he doesnt know i have one, he might try something. its a deterent

AND A RIGHT!!! beyond all other things. i support people who oc. not because it makes your dick bigger. it doenst. but they are exercising a right appointed to them. and all non felons here in MI! its just as much a right as free speach, but if i walk around with a sign that says screw obama, its just another guy. walk around with a gun and now im a BG... nope. its just OUR RIGHT

fight for your rights and spreading the knowldege of them. because if we dont they will be quitly taken away

15. AZXD40

AZXD40 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That happens to you too.. Man I thought I was all alone..