Can We Help FateofDestinee?

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by Bonehead, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FateofDestinee

About | The Arms Guide

[ame="http://youtu.be/tC-2tCBbSSY"]Gun Control Argument Quick Hits Compilation 1 - FateofDestinee - YouTube[/ame]

Destinee has been my friend for a few years now. She puts in work to do her videos and blogs. she researches endlessly to bring in good information and presents it in a clear way that is easily understood by just about anyone. even her opinion pieces are non confrontational. she uses logic and kindness to get her point across.

Destinee is someone I would want to represent us to people that either don't know about or don't like guns.

what makes Destinee so appealing is that she isn't afraid to show her intelligence or work ethic. she is a true patriot and firearms enthusiast.

She is probably one of the hardest working people I know. she has a job as a manager in a restaurant. she is a college student. she writes pieces for... I think 5 firearms blogs plus her own. she produces, I can't even keep track of how many *quality* youtube videos a month, plus she spends a lot of time with her family. talk about try hard nose to the grind stone, she doesn't sleep!

her videos are kid safe with very little bad words if any at all (I think she said DAMN! once after shooting the .500) and she dresses nice.

she is clearly someone that is earning her place of respect from the firearms community. she is working hard to build her self to be a well known and trusted journalist/blogger for our cause.

I am posting this because she is on our team and she needs our help. she needs more viewers reading her blog and more subscribers to watch her videos. the quality and effort is there. she isn't willing to dress like a floozy or give away AR's to get clicks from people that don't care about the videos or articles. she is doing it honestly and I am honestly asking for your help.

she is well on her way to being a legitimate journalist having been to shot show a few times and featured around the web by other well known bloggers and webpages. if she can get a push of viewership and readership it would put her into the next tier closer to being full on "professional".

she has done so much for herself, she just needs more people to read her stuff.

it won't cost you anything but a bit of time to keep up with her postings but you will probably enjoy what she does. I am not asking for a hand OUT, she needs a hand UP.

anyway... I would appreciate the consideration if you would add her to the list of your daily "check in" websites. we need to support quality people. :cool:

ETA: I am NOT asking to click ads or earn her money. just view and read. that's it. she need credibility more than ad clicks please.

2. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG] Published on February 17th, 2013 | by Destinee
    Sight Picture Theories

Managing sight picture is one element that contributes to shooting accurately. However, there are multiple theories in self-defense and competition shooting with regard to how one should align their handgun’s sights.
    There are several styles of sights, ranging from a notched rear sight and blade front sight, to three dot systems (two on the rear sights and one on the front sight). Aligning the front and rear sight of the pistol depends on the particular picture presented by the particular firearm being examined, but the general idea is fairly intuitive: line up the rear sight markers (whether dots, lines, notch, etc.) with the front sight marker.
    Some schools of thought follow the instruction of firearms instructor and former Marine Jeff Cooper’s recommendation to focus on the pistol’s front sight and place it over the target. Cooper explained this technique, “flash front sight,” allows the shooter to aim as quickly as possible while maintaining accuracy as it is easier for the eye to focus on objects at a close distance (i.e., the distance from the eye to the hand(s) in which the pistol is held) rather than further away (i.e., the distance away from the assailant).
    Others maintain that, while accuracy is important, in self defense situations, it is more likely that the person defending themselves won’t have time to aim and would therefore be best advised to train for “[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_AbAfZtTpk"]no sight shooting[/ame].” This idea, taught by another former soldier and firearms instructor, Rob Pincus, teaches his students to track the threat and use the pistol to “”point” at it. His reasoning is that a “pointing” gesture naturally follows the line of sight and will, for the most part, allow for accurate shot placement while still allowing the person defending themselves to keep their eyes on their assailant(s) even while moving.
    There is an extension of the sight picture theory discussion that discusses target alignment. One concept, often called a “6 o’clock” hold, aligns the sights just under the bullseye. However, there is another alignment preference, commonly referred to as “combat” hold, in which the shooter aligns the sights directly over the bullseye. In this theory, point of aim is equivalent to point of impact.
    Which sight picture theory is best is, to some degree, subjective, as not all accurate shooters follow the same sight picture ideologies. What sight picture alignment do you prefer?

3. stainless

stainless XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm in. Is she up for criticism from one outside her normal circle?

She Needs some polish, her delivery seems a bit forced or contrived to me. That last video, she spoke so slowly in effort to enunciate well that it was dragging out. When she said she "downloaded ... from FBI.gov" she came off - to ME - like a internet nija as opposed to a serious journalist. Perhaps restate "I've reviewed data obtained from FBI.gov" so it shows her actual involvement in forming her opinion, not just regurgitating what she read on the web.

Shoulder up, chest out - not to be "sexeh" but to show confidence and presence.

All in all - her looks, voice, message and that "doesn't make sense to me" tagline are great. I wish her well; thanks for bringing her to the forefront - it looks like she may be there for awhile.

4. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I linked her to the post as soon as I sent it. I am sure any criticism anyone offers will be considered.

I trust people here will be nice, but she gets youtube comments so I think she can tune out people that try to hurt her feelings.

5. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    she peeked in and she will continue to do so.

she told me she welcomes all criticism.

6. memo

memo XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm instantly a fan. I'd be more than happy to help with these as well -- I've been considering making a video series for some time now. Using facts, reason, logic, and demonstrable evidence to prove a point is Argument 101. We need a cohesive, well-presented, firm and even case against the kind of senseless (and often inane) anti-gun attacks outlined in the first video.

Subjects that we could totally see more of:

• Military style is not military capable
    • Hollow point ammunition makes everyone safer
    • Be safe, use a safe
    • How effective are background checks?
    • Gun trafficking: where do REAL criminals get their guns?
    Also, I'm kinda curious where she does her filming. I need some better gear before I can set up a home studio, and it's not exactly cheap...

7. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I am sure she will appreciate the ideas. we were just talking last night about how she sometimes needs inspiration for all her projects. I am sure she will see your list and maybe work on them.

also, if you go back and watch her earlier videos, she has improved a great deal. :lol:

better cameras and better technique. also comfort level with being on cam has improved dramatically as well. its been a process for her and there has been a learning curve. we can see her work ethic. her success so far has not been an overnight thing her home studio has been a work in progress for years.

but ya know, she knows what she wants to do and she is working toward that goal. rather than being content to find a level of popularity and staying with that she is wanting to get to the next level and represent us. she is truly an example of American success story. work hard and find your way to where you wanna be.

8. WarLord

WarLord XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    youre friends with her!? tell her I love her vids and she does awesome work I think love watching them and Im one of her subs on the tube:D

9. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

she will check in here so she will read what you say. :cool:

10. Btreyu09

Btreyu09 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    She's also pretty good looking too so there's also that. And she knows what she's doing and is pretty humble about it.

11. Kevo9mm

Kevo9mm XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 3
    I have watched a lot of her vids. Never subscribed. Saw her at first with Hickok45 and a bunch of other u-tubers. I watched her shot show stuff and some other things. I'll subscribe now.

12. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    sweet! it would be cool if you could check out her blog page too!

13. HowardMan

HowardMan XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    blog has friendly navigation and some decent content. ill give her youtube a sub

14. Timonbass

Timonbass XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another YouTube subscriber here. I've been to her blog; will stop by there more often. Thanks for posting this Bonehead.

And Destinee ... thanks for the good work!

15. TX-Kevin

TX-Kevin XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Anyone else hoping for a Bonehead cameo at some point in the future? :shock: