Cabela's high priced XDs

Discussion in 'General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk' started by hightower, Jan 11, 2006.

1. hightower

hightower XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am still unfortunately not an owner of an XD but I am still dreaming and looking at them now and again. Anyway, I got a $50 gift card to Cabela's and was thinking about using it to help pay for a new XD. Anyway, it is the new Cablea's in Utah. I was sad to see that their XDs were way over priced. At least for around here. At a local gun store they have complete XD packages with 2-3 clips or whatever, the holster, and all that for around $420. At Cabela's they were selling XDs by themselves for $500 or more. Anyway, I won't be buying my gun there when that day comes. Is Cabela's generally a rip off when it comes to firearms?

2. JD McDorce

JD McDorce XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It likely varies by location. I know that when I made the trip to Cabela's in Dundee (MI) to buy my XD40, their price was low enough in comparison to Gander Mountain in Novi or my local gun shops to justify the trip. Then again, the checkout process was so long and painful that maybe the trip wasn't worth it.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've noticed the same pricing for the Cabela's here in Fort Worth Texas. It's common knowledge for us locals that you can wait till around closing time, when fewer people are around, that you can get them to come down competively.

4. Mail Clerk

Mail Clerk XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

highpower,

That's around the price I paid for my XD "Tactical". Sometimes that just the way it is. If you keep looking for the best price you'll never get one.

Mail Clerk

5. Solus

Solus XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought my service for $450 and that was gun, two mags, lock, etc. No holster or mag pouch. I don't like the Springfield holster much though so it was no sweat off my back. My best friend bought me enough rounds that I won't have to worry about ammo for the next 3 months. If it's a matter of $30-$50 get over it. I figure once you've paid a few hundred for something the extra $30 isn't much in respect. It's like bying a $7000 car and whineing that the tax and fees make it $7105.

6. ubnoxus

ubnoxus XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do alot of shopping at the one in Sidney, NE and have found them very competitively priced. If they are high they are very good at honoring competitors prices.

7. brian40

brian40 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cabelas in Nebraska (the originals) are higher now than in 2003 when I got mine. Mine was $419 for the standard black XD40, now it seems they're around $489 or so.

8. JesterXD40

JesterXD40 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    see if they will price match?

9. DMTWI

DMTWI XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I just got a quote from my local range who was the least expensive at
    $450.00 for the 4'' service model, black in 9mm with no extras. Now, after the New Year they are up to $495.00 for the same gun. What I'm waiting to hear from him is what that includes as I contacted Springfield
    and was told all 2006 xd's come with all the goodies offered with the new .45 ACP package: cable lock, mag loader, holster, belt mag holder
    and better carrying case :?

10. suertetres

suertetres XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, I thouogth the same thing. One day the sc40 was on sale for 439 with a holster 2 clips and 1 high cap, i went to a gun show and the exact package was 399 with a local dealer, so I went to cabelas where i had gift cards and the price matched, all they had to do was call the dealer and verify it. on teh phone they were all game but when i got there they said no, i ended up getting a customer service manager and told her what was going on and how this is why people choose bass pro over them. She did teh price matchon teh spot. the package wasn't on sale so it was 499, i walked out teh door 367

my advice, find it at a dealer cheaper, call gun department and verify price match adn go that route. pm me if you have any questions and good luck!!!

11. wwglen

wwglen XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would NEVER price match at a large sporting good store with a local gun dealer.

The local gun dealer needs all the support you can give them ESPECIALLY the ones that are fair and have the lowest prices around.

I can understand walking out of one of the high priced/rip off gun stores and going where there is a good deal. But to walk out of a good gunstore with fair prices to save a little on a gun by using THEIR low prices to try and get lower prices? NOT A CHANCE.

I would have bought the gun at the lower priced gun store and used my gift certificate for something else like ammo or other supplies.

wwglen

12. ubnoxus

ubnoxus XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But the problem I have run into is I cant find a decent gun store anywhere near Cabelas. I get the I dont care what your buying, I dont have time to talk to you attitude. Which I dont tolerate from anyone I am spending thousands of dollars with.

Shawn

13. InspectorNugger

InspectorNugger XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hightower -

I am pretty sure Cabela's will price match. I'm from Utah and they are still getting their butts kicked on price by Sportsmans Warehouse...by about 10% on everything. They are said they price match to compete with them. Also, if you get down around the Orem area, Van Wagennen's is about the lowest prices in the state...the owner guarantees it. I tend to agree with him as even Sportsman's can't go that low. State wide though I have been seeing XD everywhere escalating upwards in price. I bought my XD in 2004 and they are already $60-75 more expensive now.

14. TylerDurden

TylerDurden XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you're in the SLC area go to Doug's Shoot 'n' Sports on Redwood Road. I got my XD-9 Service in SS there for $439.
    Use the Cabela's card to get accessories.

15. Dbl

Dbl XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought my XD subcompact 9mm from Cabela's in Owatonna, MN two weeks ago for $450. Included 2 mags, 1 high capacity mag, holster, gun lock and case. I shopped around and this was one of the better prices around.