Bulldog Deluxe Belly wrap Holster

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Fileobrother, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Fileobrother

Fileobrother XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I recently purchased this from Amazon. My brother told me he had good luck with it, so I figured I would try it out.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CR42YU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00]Amazon.com: Bulldog Large Deluxe Belly Wrap Holster (Fits 38-Inch - 42-Inch Waist): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

I got it today in the mail. When I pulled it out, I was like,"This is it?" It just looked like a strap. On the package it says it had places for two compact to full size handguns, two mag pouches, and a secret pouch for money, CC permit, etc. My XD .40 service fit just perfectly into one of the pouches, along with a spare mag in the mag pouch. I put it on and it was definitely something to get used to. The strap spreads the weight of the gear evenly around your waist, which feels a little constricting. I have to be honest, I felt like I was wearing a girdle. After a while, it stopped bothering me, and after about an hour, I almost forgot I was wearing it.

Ok for the important things a CC holster should do:

Retention
    FYI, this is only a level 1 retention holster. Passive retention only. That said, I did everything I could think of to make my gun come out. I jumped up and down. I ran a few laps around the house. I bent over, and even did a handstand(mostly). My XD didn't move, and it's a heavy piece. The polymer frame seems to get good purchase on the elastic.

Drawing/Rehostering
    Wearing this IWB, I had no trouble drawing. It's a bit more complicated the higher up on your body. If you rotate the belt 180 degrees, you can crossdraw below the shoulder quite rapidly. Reholstering takes a bit more effort, as you have to use your non-gun hand to separate the fabric, but reholstering is not the crucial part of a CC holster anyway.

Concealing/Printing
    This holster is super-versatile. You can conceal IWB, you can ride it up above your waist like I do, you can crossdraw, and all these positions allow you to carry two weapons and two spare mags. My XD normally has printing issues with the grip, because most holsters let it stick out from my body. This one holds it in tight. I asked my wife to check me over 3 times using a different spot each time, she could not find a print.

Places to put stuff
    My magazines fit well inside the mag pouches, and I am currently using the second weapon pouch to carry a pair of handcuffs(for work). I searched for over 20 minutes looking for a "secret pocket" to put money in, and I was very close to calling in a complaint for false advertising. Then I did a little google search. Turns out, it's a velcro pouch UNDER the velcro! Who'da thunk it?

All in all, this holster turned out to be one of the best that I've owned, right up there with my SERPA, which I still use for OC. I'll try to post some pics of my setup and how I wear it soon.