Springfield XD Forum banner

Brass line on the 9mm SC

4K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  gofasterrrr 
#1 ·
I know others have seen this as well. Has anyone gotten with Springfield to see if this is purely cosmetic or is there a mechanical issue at play here?

#27 ·
I've got the XDm 9 mm compact 3.8 not a mod 2 but I don't have any marks like that at all. What holster are you using and are you left handed? Not that it should matter.
To me, it looks like it has been dragged across something. At the range I visit they have metal corrugated tables. They're coated with vinyl but never lay any part of my weapon on them. I always use my cases. Who are the others that had seen this and can you get pictures? It could help in identifying the problem.

#29 ·
I also called SA today and asked about the brass marks on the slide at the ejection port. They said "casing marks on the ejection port are not to be unexpected". Asked if it could be caused by an out of tune extractor and that my XDm does not exhibit this. They said "that could only be determined if the pistol was returned to them to test". I asked if I should be concerned. They said again "casing marks on the ejection port are not to be unexpected".

So normal.

#30 ·
I also called SA today and asked about the brass marks on the slide at the ejection port. They said "casing marks on the ejection port are not to be unexpected". Asked if it could be caused by an out of tune extractor and that my XDm does not exhibit this. They said "that could only be determined if the pistol was returned to them to test". I asked if I should be concerned. They said again "casing marks on the ejection port are not to be unexpected".

So normal.
I'm more concerned about durability of the finish as that one mark I have seems to be spreading like cancer. It's showing what looks like white dots in the phone is actually bare metal

#33 ·
a non issue but if it bothers you. flitz matte finish cleaner and a chlorax magic eraser. haven't used it for this situation but on a few ar's with small blemishes. just a thought.

That's why I prefer the Two Tone with Stainless Steel slide.
Casings marks ? Holster rubbing marks ? Little blemishes ?
A little "0000" Steel Wool, and life is good again.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.