Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by shogan191, Jan 22, 2013.
What would happen if we boycotted "Gun Free Zones", other than not being able to
1. sit at a bar?
2. Avoid Jury Duty!
(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;
(2) on the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress;
(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court;
(4) on the premises of a racetrack;
(5) in or into a secured area of an airport; or
(6) within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:
(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:
(1) on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;
(2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;
(3) on the premises of a correctional facility;
(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing home administration, as appropriate;
(5) in an amusement park; or
(6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
I boycott as much as possible. Haven't been to Ikea in years due to their 30.06 sign. Sometimes you don't have a choice, like the post office, courts, or polling location.
AwPunch, what would happen if you boycotted those places???
We know where they are.
I already try to support the business I know who support gun rights. There's a diner near me who has a CCW welcome sign on the door, and I eat there more than the other places in town due to it. I would love to see a list of businesses that openly support gun rights.
Wait, are we saying that Gun Free Zones include bars? That is not correct.
Depends on the state.
correct, not sure OP realizes it though.
I'd lose my job pretty quickly, I reckon.
For those of us who work in a "gun free zone", it's a difficult line to walk.
Separate names with a comma.