Black rain ordinance vs spikes tactical vs?

Discussion in 'AR Talk' started by bloodsport, Nov 8, 2011.

1. bloodsport

bloodsport XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be buying my first ar here soon, taxes!. Im stuck on what to get. I had my mind stuck on spikes tactical but I just came across the bro silver skull ar. That thing is friggin sweet looking. I don't have anywhere to go look at any of these types of rifles. Any dealers remotely close to me only have dpms, remington,bushnell and thats pretty much it. I want something thats super accurate and durability top notch. Any info given will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. vincent317

vincent317 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure what your budget is but for "super accurate" take a look at Larue Tactical. I have 2 Spikes builds and they are very reliable but I'm not sure I would classify them as tack drivers. I recently installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger in one of the lowers and noticed marked improvement in my groups.

3. DonRow

DonRow XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 2 spikes also 5.56 & 6.8 both are very reliable and for the price you can't beat it. But yeah if your budget is high LaRue, LWRC, or POF, there top quality stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bloodsport

bloodsport XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well id like to keep it at about 1000 for the gun (making 9.75 an hour has its downsides lol) I know the bro is 2000 im looking at. Id have to save up and use taxes for that. I should rephrase that at most accurate for the $$. Ill check out the ones you have mentioned. Thanks

5. Obscura

Obscura XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd add Larue to the list. Are you looking at a piston or direct impingement operating system?

6. ForTehNguyen

ForTehNguyen XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    check out palmetto state armory also, they have very attractive prices and features for their ARs

I would recommend a 16" midlength as well.

7. Brimstone

Brimstone XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    If you are looking for a quality battle rifle then get a Spike's 16" mid-length. If you are looking for a long range, scoped tack driver then be prepared to pay substantially more.

The Spike's is one of the best deals for a good military spec AR.

8. vincent317

vincent317 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of mine is setup at close to your budget. Spikes 16" midlength upper with MOE handguards, $500. Bravo Company blemished lower with CTR Stock and Geissele SSA-E trigger, $560. If you get a good upper, the trigger makes a world of difference when it comes to accuracy. A good scope doesn't hurt either. You can also find a Colt SP6920 for close to $1000. IM me if you need the links or more info.

9. Oneeek020

Oneeek020 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've got a Noveske upper, lower, Spikes guts, Magpul stock, handgard and 1/3 cowitnes EoTech 2moa @ 100yards. With a bipod and scope I can get .72moa @ 100yards ( 5round groups ) with xm855.

10. jn_fsu

jn_fsu XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  11. bloodsport

bloodsport XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Id be happy with 1" moa at 100 yards. Im looking at nikons new scope made for .223 im hoping spikes tactical releases there .308 model soon. Thats also been bouncing around in my head. I deer hunt, its legal for a .223 here in nebraska but it would have to be deadly accurate for me to use that for deer hunting. Ive found a..243 caliber in an ar platform but idk how good that round is in an semi auto. Guess I got a few months before I put the money down. Could just get a spikes tactical and a 25-06 for the price of some of the others. Hmmm

12. Springfieldman987

Springfieldman987 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can't forget Noveske.

13. Springfieldman987

Springfieldman987 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If your looking for a good target AR for under 1000, look at Spike or Palmetto Armory, both are good guns. If your looking for a better AR then Spike and Palmetto State Armory, GTO which is a Florida manufacture like the other two guns has AR's starting at 900. They are a new company, but make great guns. They make their own uppers and lowers in house. They also offer NiBoron coated BCG and hammers. They are comparable to some of the best. They have a lot of after market accessories. Heres the site I think you'll like what you see.

core15.com

14. bloodsport

bloodsport XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i think i have finally decided on a daniel defense m4 v5! unless you can tell me theres a better rifle in the same price range?? them core 15 rifles dont look to bad. might look further into them. but as of now i got my eye on the dd