Best Conceal-carry Holster for XDM 45 3.8 Compact?

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by Akrobatik, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Akrobatik

Akrobatik XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, what is the best conceal-carry Holster for XDM 45 3.8 Compact that you have tried or best-rated? Something comfortable that doesn't get in the way. Please link a website to the holster if possible. Thanks!

2. bandit2910

bandit2910 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use a shoulder holster made by ready holster and it works great. They have a huge selection if you go on thier web site. They are real reasonably priced as well check it out

3. GodfatherJay

GodfatherJay XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Crossbreed Supertuck. They are a forum sponsor. I can use the same one for my 4.5 and 3.8. Bought one for my Warthog also. Oh and I have a belt from them.

4. Houseboat

Houseboat Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We make some very nice holsters and belt,s..and have been a sponsor here for years.Let us know if we can help you. Thank,s Larry
    [​IMG]

5. Jager247

Jager247 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought a high noon holster. It just got to my house about 20mins ago. So far I really like it. It's the Mr softy low ride. I have a cross breed also. The problem is with the CB it takes undoing your pants to get it on your pants. If I am carrying all day it's awesome. But when I just need to run to the store. I wanted a clip and go. That's why I bought the high noon. The leather is really soft and it fits the gun Luke a glove. I am wearing it now at 4 o'clock and I can't even tell its there. If you go with CB get it with a combat cut. It makes getting a firm grip a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. loach

loach XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Theis Holsters. Tommy Theis has superb customer service. Combat cut is standard, and the holster in horsehide is only $65. I don't have a CBST, but seems to be about the same for significantly less (about $30 less). It ships with clips to fit a 1.5" belt, so if you have a 1.75" gun belt like I do, be sure to put it in the special instructions that you need 1.75" clips.

Yes, it does mean you have to at a minimum loosen your pants / belt to put it on just like CBST, but it doesn't bother me. I normally leave the holster on all day and just remove the firearm if I need to. Ha! I'm doing that right now and completely forgot I was even wearing the holster. Had to remove the firearm because I needed to enter a place that does not allow firearms.

I love the Theis holster, so comfortable I don't even know I have it. I even started to use my full sized (19 round 9mm mag) instead of the compact mag because it is comfortable enough to do so.

I use this IWB between 3:30-5:30. I like it there and it is probably too big to use for IAWB (12:30-2:30). In fact, Tommy will tell you to not use it for appendix carry.

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

For OWB, I use the Blackhawk CQC Serpa, love that too, but now prefer my IWB Theis for most daily carries.

I tried an N82Tactical, but didn't seem to do well with my XDm in an appendix carry configuration. The XDm has a very square front post that catches on the elastic for the way that I draw (the angle the gun comes out). When I use it behind the hip, the problem seems to go away, but since I love my Theis so much I won't be using the N82 for IWB.

I did try this N82 holster with my wife's PPQ and it seemed to work well in either IAWB or IWB. The front post of the PPQ is slanted, so it does not catch on the elastic, unlike the XDm front sight.

I'm returning the N82 and the guys there were great about it. They have a different version (Pro) that I'm going to get instead. It looks like it might work well for AIWB. It is plastic / suede instead of elastic / suede.

7. knute

knute XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought one of these last week for what I thought was gonna be my bran spank'n new xdm .40 3.8 but my local gs couldn't find one within earshot so I ordered a xdm .45 3.8 compact. I had ordered the holster before I received the gun and these guys are so fast shipping that I'm holding a very nice looking holster in my hand before I've received the gun. Isabel at Tennessee Holster thinks it'll be fine but if not just contact them and they'll make it right. I hope to hear that the pistol is in by Tuesday and everything wil be good. I like the idea of the adjustable cant, just need the gun to try it out!!

8. Texan7505

Texan7505 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +100 I love my Theis IWB horsehide holster for my XDm .45acp. I wear it daily with perfect comfort. As a matter of fact, I put on my OWB holster this evening when I got home from work (I can't carry at work...but I carry everywhere else...including when I'm sitting on my couch at home) and decided to switch to my Theis because it is just that damn comfortable.

9. knight4477

knight4477 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have my 3.8 .40S&W compact in a Tommy Theis IWB holster, very comfortable and conceals without any issues! Also, the price is right, not expensive, spent $65 with combat cut and horsehide!;)

10. Akrobatik

Akrobatik XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone. Been reviewing all the recommended

11. knute

knute XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got my XDm .45 3.8 compact and was able to try out my Tennessee Holster. Love the adjustable clip. Larry even called to make sure everything was good, I had originally ordered for a .40 XDm. All in all this is a great holster for the money. Now I have two guys I can trust, Eric at Sideguard Holsters and Larry at Tennessee Holsters. Not too often you get follow up calls from the company to make sure all is good. Gotta add that Isabel at Tennessee Holster was on the ball with return emails also. Great company.

[​IMG]

12. aaron1984

aaron1984 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've got a Comp-tac Mtac and a Crossbreed supertuck, I love the supertuck, the mtac gets pretty UN-comfortable after a while.

13. DKnoxville

DKnoxville XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How about a holster update.

I called Serpa and they said they didn't make a CQC for the XDm 3.8 .45. :confused:

At any rate, I just got a XDm 3.8 in .45 and am looking for a OWB paddle holster.

Or.

Something that will fit tight with a cant.

14. Virginia58

Virginia58 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this last post is a couple of months old, but I own a Blackhawk CQC for XDm 3.8 45 for IDPA. Fits perfectly. May be listed as XD/XD compact, but it fits fine.

15. Houseboat

Houseboat Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you are looking for a holster that is tight to the body check this out..We have a hard time keeping these in stock.. $45.00 ships in a couple of days..
    [​IMG]