Berry,s Bullets Load Data ?????

Discussion in 'The Ammo Can' started by mike88605, Mar 7, 2009.

1. mike88605

mike88605 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is my first post here and I hope you guys will help me out.
    I just bought some Berrys preferred platted 124 grn RN's and 124 grn HP's for my XDm 9mm.

I will be using Win Brass CCI-500 primers and W231 or Unique powder. These are the 2 powders I have on hand and would like to use these up before I buy a differant kind.

First question is what are you guys using for a Min and Max Load with unique or W231. If you are not using Unique what would you suggest as a Min and Max with Unique or W231 for each of these bullets?

Second question what are you using or suggest I set my OAL at for each of these bullets?

Third Question would a .375 to .377 crimp work?

Fourth question which of the two bullets I have bought have you found to me more accurate?

Any help help with this would be Great.

Thanks Mike

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. arizona98tj

arizona98tj XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Mike,
    Per Berry's website FAQ......

As an example that is similar but NOT the same as your bullet weight......I am using Berry's 115 gr. round nose in my 9mm 5" XD. I use 5 grains of Unique which gives me a velocity that is just 24 feet per second slower than 115 gr. round nose Blazer Brass ammo shot from my XD. I set my OAL to 1.150". Again, this is NOT the same bullet you are using.

Consult your reloading manual(s) using the info provided by Berry's Mfg and you should be able to find a suitable min/max starting point for your bullets.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  3. fredj338

fredj338 XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The problem w/ using Berry's or other nn major brands, is there is little to no vetted loading data. They should be loaded w/ lead data. So what I recommend is find a lead bullet that has a sim. profile & use that data including OAL. If you are using data no higher than midrange, you should be fine working up from there.
    If you are unable to find lead data, you can find jacketed date for the sim. profile bullet & subtract 5%, that gets me pretty close to the vel. figures of jacketed using lead or plated.