Beretta PX4 Storm...Extensive Testing

Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by Ed Ely, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Ed Ely

Ed Ely Super Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    October 10, 2007

Extensive International Testing Proves The Beretta PX4 Storm To Be Exceptionally Durable And Reliable

Accokeek, Maryland — Beretta announces is has received documentation from the Italian 'Banco di Prova' that three Beretta PX4 Storm pistols had 30,000 rounds (10,000 per pistol) fired through them with ZERO defects during a specialized ballistic test conducted on behalf of the German State Police. The Italian Banco di Prova, an Italian proof house that oversees and certifies testing for firearms, did the actual testing last month.

This independent testing is further proof of how the Px4 Storm series of pistols truly represents the next generation of handguns, providing a new threshold of durability and reliability for the Law Enforcement and Defense communities.

"The Px4 Storm not only offers Law Enforcement professionals incredible versatility by allowing the operator to fit the gun to his or her hands through any combination of backstraps, controls size and location, actions and calibers, but this pistol offers unprecedented reliability and durability regardless of the Law Enforcement operator and conditions," stated Matteo Recanatini, Marketing Manager, LE/Defense Division. "While we are very pleased with the results of the international testing, we are not surprised by them. This is a very reliable firearm."

Beretta, established in 1526, is the oldest industrial dynasty in the world, tracing its roots through 16 generations of continuous family ownership. Firearms bearing the Beretta name have been sold for almost 500 years. Beretta USA Corp. was founded in 1977 and supplies the standard sidearm to the U.S. Armed Forces. Today Beretta manufactures, distributes and markets a complete line of firearms, accessories and apparel. Beretta also owns and operates six retail Beretta Gallery stores worldwide. For additional information visit www.berettausa.com.

Media Contact:

Karen Lutto (830) 755-4308 karen@luttopr.com or Matteo Recanatini, LE/DoD Division, Beretta (301) 283-2191 ext 1208 or MRecanatini@Berettausa.com

FYI

Ed

2. Ishpeck

Ishpeck XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Pics or you're lying.

3. Brickboy240

Brickboy240 XDTalk 25K Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 5
    My brother has a 9mm fullsize PX4 and I have shot it several times.

Yes, its totally reliable...as are most Beretta autoloaders I have ever owned or shot, but their triggers leave alot to be desired. Then, theres the strange transition from d/a to s/a mode with the very long, stagey feel and long take-up.

Other than that, yes, the PX4 is not a bad pistol. Its fairly accurate and with the changeable backstraps, it is more comfortable than other Beretta autos that feel rather chunky in the grip.

Supposedly, this is coming out in 45ACP really soon...but I have yet to see one in the flesh.

The PX4 is not a bad pistol, but if I had to choose a d/a- s/a pistol, it would probably be some sort of SIG. If there was a way to improve the PX4s trigger, it woud be MUCH more attractive....but I am not rushing out to buy one.

(besides...its rather funky looking, if you ask me!)

- Brickboy240

4. niteranger68

niteranger68 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll risk getting flamed here, but I like my PX4 so much, I carry it over my XD40. For me, one of the advantages of the PX4 is the multiple action options offered with sa/da, safety/de-cocker, and external hammer. Not to mention the PX4 grip with a Hogue Handall fits my hand like a glove. The recoil is also much more manageable with the PX4, although it's a 9mm and the XD is a .40 cal. So far, 400 rounds without a glitch.

5. Majk

Majk XDTalk 3K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I love mine I know that. Couple hundred rounds and no failures yet.

To me I think they are beautiful guns, but then again I think yellow trucks are beautiful.;):rolleyes:

6. Ed Ely

Ed Ely Super Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Ok, a pix -

Ed

Attached Files:

7. newKid

newKid XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    if they made a S/A only one. . .i would buy. . . actually, i think they do make one but its LEO only. Does anyone her eknow better than me?

8. Reeek

Reeek XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are they the same action as the cougar?

9. leeindy

leeindy XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    my buddies has some issues. the disconnector likes to jump into the chamber and completely jam up the gun. its on its way to there repair department.

10. retired

retired XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    So Majk, you are the one responsible for all of those ugly taxi cab yellow vehicles running around from almost every manufacturer, even the beloved 'Vette.:mrgreen:

11. Brickboy240

Brickboy240 XDTalk 25K Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 5
    Yeah, I am not a fan of "Dewalt Power Tool Yellow" on pick-ups either.

LOL

- brickboy240

12. Tercel89

Tercel89 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think its does have the same action as the Cougar and the Stoegar Cougar . I am looking at getting a Stoeger Cougar .

13. shipwreck

shipwreck XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes, it is the same - but the barrel is longer on the PX4. And, when U disassemble it - the internals don't fall out quite like they do on the Cougar (I used to turn the Cougar I prev owned upside down when assembling and disassembling.

14. DTHW

DTHW XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love mine 1000 rnds no problems.

15. Tercel89

Tercel89 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I got to tell you guys , the price that everyone is asking for these pistols is just stupid! Whay is the price so damn high?