Auto-locking holsters?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Bombeiro, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Jan 4, 2013 #1
    Bombeiro

Bombeiro XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an XDM 3.8 Compact 40 and an XDM-9 Service/4.5

I'm looking for an autolocking holster that will fit the 3.8. For the XDM-9, I'm currently using a Safariland 6378 ALS, which I like and is one of the holsters we use in our Fire Marshall's Office (our service weapons are Sig P226 in .40). Unfortunately, the slide on the 3.8 is just a little bit too wide to fit the holster I'm using for the 9mm.

Before I start ordering a bunch of other holsters, trying to find one that will fit, has anyone had a similar experience, or would know which model would fit?

Alternately, I see that Galco now has an auto-locking holster (the Matrix M4). Anyone using one?

There are no Safariland dealers in my area, otherwise I'd head into one to try them out.

Sure, I could call up Safariland or Galco to find out compatibility. But I'm hoping to hear some reviews from real, unbiased users.

Thanks in advance!

2. Jan 4, 2013 #2
    Jedi XD

Jedi XD XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    If it's for work, I would stick with Safariland.

3. Mar 13, 2013 #3
    juncboi

juncboi XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've scoured the internet with no luck as well.

I have an XD 45 Compact and have been told by Safariland via email that they don't make a holster for my pistol. I am now waiting for a reply from Blackhawk.

I want a level 3 holster for my pistol. I really hope I don't have to get rid of my XD and go to Glock because it's a really nice pistol.

4. Mar 13, 2013 #4
    Fileobrother

Fileobrother XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I use a level 3 Blackhawk duty holster for work. $85 and it works like a boss. I would, however, suggest if you go with the blackhawk that you also buy the high rise attachment. The jacket loop mount makes it hard to buckle up in a car, and I've seen videos of dudes torquing on a firearm and breaking the loops off.