Springfield XD Forum banner

Are you excited for the G43?

10K views 89 replies 48 participants last post by  Minkman555 
#1 ·
I started a little discussion on my channel, and thought I'd share it here. These are my thoughts on the subject:
Glock 43: Are you excited, or nah?:

#8 ·
Like you said, "If you are a Glock fan you should be exited". I'm not, so very doubtful I will purchase one. Having said that, it does look like it will sell well and appears to be very concealable. I was amused by your one comment, "it is 6+1, I'd like 7+1. What's the deal with one more round?

#10 ·
I'm a Glock fan, and EDC a G26. There are times when a little thinner and allot lighter, just fit the posture better. What's not to like about better?

My first poly single stack experience was not good with the LC9. It's thin, functional, trigger horrible. Iv'e passed on the CM9, Shield, PPS, BP9 and XDs, until I was in position to consider another single stack. 2015 is that year, and the G43 is coming along at the right time, and it's the one that I held out for. Sources also say that Glock will be expanding that 6 round mag, just like SA and S&W did.

So..I'd say, yes, excited, but all knowing that there are other very capable options out there.

#14 ·
There are times when a little thinner and allot lighter
Careful there, my friend. I said that to my wife a few years ago and got my a$$ beat :lol:

#11 ·
I'll look at it, but not excited.

Sig coming out with a 10mm P220, now THAT is exciting. Glock's version of a Shield / XDs, nah.

I carried a G30s for a while, very solid gun, and if I decided to carry another Glock it would be the 26. But for a thinner single stack 9 I don't see an upside to the Glock version except the Glock name.

#13 ·
I like my Glocks, and they are my go to EDC's most of the time. The 43 isn't really on my radar. The XDs9 fills the need for a single stack very nicely. I can carry my 26 with either 11 or 13 rounds IWB very easily.

If the price is right, why not...like I said, I like Glocks ;)

#15 ·
I just feel that if I can easily hide a G19 with the right holster and shirts...I could surely hide a G26 and have twice the rounds of the single stack 9mm.

Ever shot an LC-9 or PPS? They are snappy little guns that don't have much grip surface and are not the easiest to control. The G26 is very controllable for such a small pistol.

For me...the 43 just does not bring enough to the table to make it worth it. I am not a hater...been shooting Glocks since 92 and own three of them.

That said...yes...this is a Glock single stack 9mm not an XD or M&P so it will be a big seller to those of us that just prefer Glocks.

#18 · (Edited)
No, not excited because I've had a single stack polymer for almost three years ;)

#19 ·
Nope.....got rid of my XDS because I shoot dbl stacks better.......I can put my G26 anywhere I was able to put my XDS

#20 ·
No not in the least, as I am not a Glock fan. My Sigs, Colts, Rugers, S&W's and SA's perform everything I could wish from a handgun.

#27 ·
IMO they are a bit late to the game. Probably will be a fine gun some someone looking. Not a Glock-guy, so no interest to me at all.... and even if I was, there would be no reason for me to sell my current single-stack to buy this one. (Or just add another to my family). Hope it sells well for them, but for me..... really don't care much.

#34 ·
ill probably end up getting one just because I have an addiction, but already have plenty of single stacks for EDC, eh what am I saying one more cant hurt.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

#50 ·
Welcome back, glad you made it through the red X hazing.

Back to the topic at hand, I own a shield, XDs, glock 42 and I will still buy the g43 all while still carrying my G30s.

#35 ·
nope... Don't care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.