Springfield XD Forum banner

anyone use Pmags?

3K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  ksbsnowowl 
#1 ·
My NPAP M70 came with two magazines; one polymer Tapco and one metal (I'm guessing Korean?). The metal one fits just fine, however, I don't like the feel of metal magazines. I guess it's a texture thing, but I've never liked them. The Tapco magazine fits pretty good, but there is just the slightest bit of wobble when inserted. I was thinking about trying out some Pmags. Does anyone have any experience with them? They seem to run about $3.00 more than the Tapco mags, which isn't too bad.

#4 ·
I've only used Pmag 20 rounders in mine. They've always worked, so I've had no reason to try anything else.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
i use pmags and troy mags. they've both run flawlessly. theres a ton of hype behind polymer mags but i haven't heard too many negative things and never experienced any hiccups.

#6 ·
I have read that pmags for the ar platform are better than sliced bread, and I believe it. But I have also read that they are not as good comparatively in the ak platform because the whole mag sticks out of the gun and there are no metal inserts. They can be broken off.

#10 ·
I have no issues with my Tapco Galil mags in my Saiga .223---cheap reliable and plentiful...

Everything from Magpul I have utilized on ARs or AKs has been Top Tier...I wouldn't hesitate to pick up their AK offerings

#29 ·
I never trust an AK mag that doesn't at least have a metal locking lug. That means $45 Circle-10 Bulgarian Waffle Mags, or com-block steel. I prefer the com-block steel. Cheap and reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.