Anyone pay with an echeck on Buds Gun Shop?

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by Syris3000, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Syris3000

Syris3000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I ordered an XDm 9mm compact last tuesday, and still haven't heard anything past the "E-Check Payment Received". Also my bank account shows no activity as well. Has it taken this long for anyone else, or am I just being impatient? It does say that it can take as long as 6 business days to be processed and deposited in their account, but today would be day 6.
    thanks

****UPDATE**** Buds just called and told me they would honor the original price, and the customer service guy I talked to was wrong. I think filing the complaint through BuySAFE worked! Looks like ill be buying from them after all.

2. Syris3000

Syris3000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well here is a quick update... Buds basically screwed me because I gave them the correct account number for the E-Check, but they said it got declined. So when I told them I would just pay with my credit card, they said the price had gone up by $37. What a bunch of ****, so now instead of getting my XDm 9mm Compact Black for $562 they want $599 + the 3% to use my credit card for a total of $617. Basically I'm screwed out of $55.

Thanks a lot Buds, looks like I will be purchasing elsewhere from now on. Way to lose a first time customer.

3. SonOfOdin

SonOfOdin XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Buds has been doing very shady business, including bait and switches of firearms and price gouging

4. flosho

flosho XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just cancel it all and find a place locally.

5. rayikeo2

rayikeo2 XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Don't worry, everything will be as expected. I bought my last gun by e-check. Here is how it works. It takes a day or two for the echeck to get processed and back to your bank. When the money is transferred out of your bank account it takes another couple days to be deposited into Buds Account. Thats the way it works. Everything is fire, you will get your gun. It is a slower than normal process for this reason. In the past Buds has shipped when the first transfer was made. The trnsfer became a charge back for lack of funds. The gun was shipped. Buds was out the price of the gun. So now they make sure to give the transaction enough time to make sure there will be no charge backs before they ship. But you will get your gun at the cash price and everything is good, just delayed.

6. bbentley40

bbentley40 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You know.. you could just order from a company that has it cheaper, doesnt charge the shady CC fees and in my experience at least has great customer service. Looks like they might be out of stock on the black one, but you could call and see.. they have it for $510 though. You can get the bitone for $550... plus $21 shipping. :)

SPRINGFIELD HS XDM 9MM 3.8 COMPACT BI-TONE @ Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore:

7. Syris3000

Syris3000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess you didn't read the update...

8. Syris3000

Syris3000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow thanks for the link man, I have never seen that website before... Good price though!

9. rayikeo2

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    No I missed the update, actually I read it But I thought it was a different poster. So that brings me to this question. Why are you blaming Buds for your echeck being turned down for lack of funds? The extra 3% for using a credit card is in their policy. It was unlucky and bad timing to get in the price raise but it was your own fault because of lack of funds delay.
    If you bank account had the funds you would have gotten the gun and be enjoying it now. Sorry it happened but you know why.:oops:

10. Syris3000

Syris3000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

11. rayikeo2

Ratings:
    +5 / 0

12. Syris3000

Syris3000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

13. Mercmar

Mercmar XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0

Where did you get the information that the e-check didn't go through because of insufficient funds. I've been seeing a lot of complaints about Bud's lately. Maybe they're just crooks!!!:rolleyes:

14. Syris3000

Syris3000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They didn't say insufficient funds... They just said it was "declined". Like I said I really do have over 5K in my checking.

15. Syris3000

Syris3000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well buds just called and told me they will honor the original price! I guess filing the complaint via buySAFE that comes with your purchase actually helps! I guess the customer service rep on the phone was just wrong...