Anyone in the Seattle Area that would like to start a XDm gun club

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by pgriff42, Apr 20, 2011.

1. pgriff42

pgriff42 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi - I live in Kirkland Washington and was wondering if there is anyone on this thread that would like to start an XD/XDm gun club. I think it would be a lot of fun to meet up once a month or more to go to a shooting range and discuss our guns in person. Upgrades, favorite ammo, movies...almost anything and everything. I thnk it will be a great way to meet new people that have something in common. Looking forward to hearing back from anyone that is interested.

2. JayXDM

JayXDM XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yeah, I'm up for it. I'm in Redmond.

3. DarthCopious

DarthCopious XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm across the sound, in Silverdale/Poulsbo, but any excuse to come that way is a good one ! Email me once you get some solid things in place.

4. DarthCopious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A Facebook page might be a good idea too !

5. pgriff42

pgriff42 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great Idea darthcopious, I will make a facebook page for Seattle area XDm owners. I wonder if any place would rent a range to us if we can get enough people, that would be pretty sweet if you ask me. I'm glad that I have received a couple response pass the word if you have any friends that might be interested too. We can call it an XDm club but anyone can come and maybe we will have some converts...lol.

6. motorsporting

motorsporting XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I might be interested in meeting for some events, but I have to admit ... I don't do Facebook. My wife spends enough time on it for both of us! :)

7. DarthCopious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well maybe you can get the wife to "Like" it, so that way when an invite for an event is put on the calendar you can meet up ? Providing it doesn't interfer with your wife's Honey Do list for that weekend !

8. pgriff42

pgriff42 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Or better yet, bring the old ball and chain. My fiance comes with me pretty much everytime. We can do it once on a tuesday which is ladies night at wades and its free rentals for the ladies but anyone can shoot them so we can rent any handgun or rifle we want for FREE.....oh yay!!! Come on dont you think having a facebook page would be worth it just for a gun club??? ;) I totally understand some people just don't like facebook but it is a great way to keep in touch with people that don't live by you or just a great way to reach out to a lot of people at one time.

9. JayXDM

JayXDM XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Oh, and in the meantime I would suggest getting a .45, 9mm, shotgun, a rifle or three, .22 plinker, and a car or truck that YOU like before the big day arrives! :)

10. swanny

swanny XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ^^THIS!!!!

11. pgriff42

pgriff42 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL great great great advice, but to tell you the truth she will let me buy all those things. My new XDm 40 S&W 3.8 compact was my engagement gift from my fiance. I bought her a ring and she wanted to get me something and she asked me if I wanted a engagement ring and i said no because guys don't wear engagement rings so about a week later she bought me my first handgun as my engagement gift now thats a good women. lol.

12. just in joy

just in joy XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    aww now we are talking I am in the federal way area I am apart of a local fourm where we go to SOTM (shoot on the move) events I would like to meet others with XD' and XDm's.

What upgrades have you all done to yours so far?

as for me nothing I been looking and researching triggers and also anything to make the release Less of a PITA.

13. just in joy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Yeah that is to Lure you in lol I remeber when my wife was like that bought me sights for my pistol way back in the day now I ask for forgiveness rather than permission lol

14. pgriff42

pgriff42 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL, i guess your probably right, but I hope not. She didn't need to buy me the gun to lure me in since i had already proposed...lol she already had me hook line and sinker. Well i grew up with 4 sisters, my mother and my grandmother all under one roof and my dad worked day and night shifts so I was really the only man in the house growing up, so i am pretty aware of all there little tricks...lol but advice from someone who has/is going thru it is much much appreciated. I don't pretend like i know everything because there is so much to learn about women i seem to learn something new everyday. Thats great that you are down to start a club, i think it would be pretty cool to have eveyone at the range shooting the same gun...lol. I honestly haven't done any upgrades yet cause i just got the gun less the 5 days ago. The first thing i am gonna do is buy a streamlight TLR-1 for the gun. I hear that when broken in the XDm trigger is one of the best around but at first it can be a little stiff.

15. just in joy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah mine is still stiff I have the xd40sc and my wife has a xd9 service I just bought it for her not too long ago... we are going shooting this weekend not sure where yet I usually head to Renton fish and game or bullseye in Tacoma I need to check Wades out I never been there. I got the 9 for her birthday. I wanted to get something we both could use lol...

And if you try and figre women out you will go NUTS lol trust me lmao