Anyone have trouble with Striker Retainer Pin walking out?

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by spurrinit, Jan 26, 2010.

1. spurrinit

spurrinit XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just as the title says, i have a Bitone XDm3.8 that the Striker Retainer Pin on top of the slide keeps walking out and i have to push it back in after firing a complete magazine. Does anyone know any tricks to make it stay in? I have been meaning to call SA and talk to them about it but figured I would ask here as well. TIA

Eli

2. Johnnybgood

Johnnybgood XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Isn't the XDm 3.8 a new firearm? I would call SA and see what they have to say about it, It couldn't hurt. Oh, Welcome to the forum from Milton,FL.

3. agalindo

agalindo XDTalk 15K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Drive the pin in a bit more than flush it should help. If it keep happening you might get Springfield to send you a replacement pin.

4. spurrinit

spurrinit XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I called SA this morning and they are sending me a new pin. And if that doesn't work I will have to send them the gun.

Does anyone know if you can just pull the old pin out and push the new one in or will anything come loose or out of place when I remove the old pin?

5. agalindo

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    If the pin is sticking out just pull it out. Make sure all of it comes out, sometimes if they are broke only part of it will come out. Nothing will come out of place.

6. NINJAPRIEST

NINJAPRIEST XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also have this problem. The striker retainer pin is coming out and the striker will not not engage when I squeeze the trigger. The first time it happened I gently tapped it back in and was able to put approx. 75 rounds through the firearm. However it started to come out again and then even after I tapped it back in the striker would not engage.

7. agalindo

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Drive it out from the bottom up to see if it's damaged or broken. If either is true email springfield they'll send you a replacement for free.

8. Blatch

Blatch XDTalk 500 Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Ive found that the Striker retainer pins that Pistolgear sells (3 for $1.25) are slightly thicker and tougher to drive in than the factory pins. They may be less likely to walk back out.

Ive never had problems with either walking, just two factory pins that broke after very high round counts...

9. APDturbo

APDturbo XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i would send the complete gun back to springfield and not mess with it, then again i'm no gunsmith and i don't like rappin at my gun with a punch and hammer, this is springfields top product right now you'd think they'd kiss your ass to fix it, this issue could seriously give their pistol a bad name in its early life, not good in my opinion, then again i've put several hundred rnds thru mine and it doesn't seem like its moving one bit.....

10. VR4

VR4 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    So the ones pistol gear sells will work with the XDm?

11. NINJAPRIEST

NINJAPRIEST XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My pin was broken so I have to install a replacement pin. I will have to keep a few of these pins in stock at all times.

12. HHjr

HHjr XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Be careful driving that roll pin back in ..... Make G.D. sure that the striker is far enough forward that you Do Not drive the pin in to the needle pin portion .....be it replacement or resetting it. I got careless and wrecked my striker. The new pins should drive in very hard if they are going to stay in correctly. The proper pin should Not work up.

The XD's are very hard on this rollpin under dry firing. Dry firing is a very important part of a training so plan on replacing it on a yearly schedule. 3mmx16mm

H