Another LEO killed by bank robbers in MS

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by droopy, Dec 24, 2013.

1. droopy

droopy XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 1
    One officer dead and one wounded during response to bank robbery in Tupelo Mississippi. Please pray for wounded officer and the families of both officers.

I would not cry a tear if the murderers resisted arrest and lost their lives. Save the taxpayers some money. We all know there are some crappy cops but most are not. A sad example of why they trust no one especially on traffic stops.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...partner-wounded-by-bank-robbery-suspects?lite=

Mississippi cop slain, partner wounded by bank robbery suspects

TUPELO, Miss. — Suspected bank robbers shot a policeman dead and wounded a second officer as they made their getaway after a hold up, police in Mississippi said.
    The suspects were still at large in the early hours of Tuesday and NBC affiliate WTVA reported that a $100,000 reward was being offered for information that could help solve the case.
    It said Monday's shooting could have marked the first death of a police officer in the line of duty in at least 29 years in Tupelo, some 170 miles northeast of Jackson.
    Tupelo Police Chief Bart Aguirre confirmed that 38-year-old police Cpl. Gale Stauffer died at about 3:45 p.m. after being shot at close range by one of the suspects on a busy downtown street.
    Advertise | AdChoices

Stauffer, who was married with two young children, had joined the force in 2005.
    Another officer, 26 years of age but whose name was not given, was listed in critical condition at a local hospital, Aguirre said.
    "It's just tragic. It's just so much worse when it's this close to home," Tupelo Mayor Jason Shelton told WTVA.
    "This is a day that no family, no law enforcement agency or city wants to endure."
    Details were murky. The two officers were shot as they confronted two or three robbery suspects who had been fleeing from police in a car after holding up a nearby BancorpSouth branch, the chief said.
    It was not clear how much money was taken or the type of weapons used in the hold up or in the exchange of gunfire with police.
    Numerous people witnessed the shooting, many watching from their vehicles or through the windows of nearby shops and restaurants. Police detectives and FBI agents were interviewing many of them, Aguirre said.

2. srcphoto

srcphoto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Prayers for the families of those brave men....

3. Butterface

Butterface XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do we have descriptions of the suspects we are supposed to be on the lookout for?????

4. slugger6

slugger6 XDTalk 90K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +718 / 32
    Prayers sent

5. Butterface

Butterface XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay since no one knows I did a Google search..... here's one of them at least......,

Authorities are looking for a thin male suspect between 5'9″ and six feet tall, with light complexion and possibly African-American. He was last seen wearing khaki or cargo-style pants, white Converse tennis shoes, a long-sleeved jacket and a blue ski mask.

6. doodledad

doodledad XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Prayers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. katokahn99

katokahn99 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    In this other source, the description is Black, 6'3" Carhartt hoddie, blue jeans, ski mask. Could be the second suspect. Also, the vehicle could be a rental Dodge Stratus. They call it Dark Grey...to me, this would be Maximum Steel Metalic. Based on the description given and the security camera photo, it could be a late model Dodge Stratus with Maximum Steel Metalic (dark grey) paint. The body shape could also be that of a 2005 Stratus.
    "Investigators are looking for a black man, approximately 6 foot 3 inches tall. He was wearing a Carhartt hoodie, blue jeans, and a ski mask. They are also searching for a dark gray Dodge Stratus that they believe to be the getaway vehicle."
    $100k reward offered for information on suspect who killed Tupel - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

A second news source says, "Scanner reports mentioned a 6-foot, black male wearing a brown jacket and a blue ski cap. He is believed to be heavily armed, according to the scanner." Black, 6', brown jacket, blue ski cap.
    Also, "McMullen said information on the suspect is preliminary and the investigation is ongoing. The suspect is believed to be left handed, he said, and witnesses have identified the person’s accent as being unique.
    He is believed to have been wearing khaki or cargo pants, white Converse-type shoes, a long-sleeve jacket with a possible “Aztec” design and a blue ski mask." Left handed, unique accent, khaki cargo pants, white convers shoes, long-sleeve jacket, blue ski-mask
    There may be a second vehicle as well. "Authorities also said multiple suspects were believed to have left the Carnation Street scene in a white Yukon SUV." This is from:
    UPDATE: Police officer shot, killed pursuing bank robbery suspects | Daily Journal

I hope they catch these filthy animals! I hope they put up a fight and go down in a hail of fire...and all of their shots miss, of course.

8. mojoman

mojoman XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    This is very sad they need to catch them yahoo.

9. bub

bub XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Prayers for the men and their families.

10. Concord4826

Concord4826 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 2
    Very bad news, espically during the Christmas season. Thoughts and prayers to the LEO family.

11. inanebignate

inanebignate XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Horrible news the surviving officer and both officers families will be in my prayers. My sister is in the process of moving to tupelo now with her family. I'm glad situations like this are not a regular thing there

12. katokahn99

katokahn99 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
  13. droopy

droopy XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 1
    Reminds me of that Prince song, "Celebrate like it's 1999". It will not give the family if the dead LEO any closure, but it might give them a sense of justice knowing that this guy is not still out there being a threat to others.

TY for the post katokahn99!

14. js12278

js12278 XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Justice served. Next.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2