Another grip chop question

Discussion in 'XD-45ACP Discussion Room' started by Texas1, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Texas1

Texas1 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to be getting the grip on my service cut down in order to be able to carry it concealed. Buying a new pistol isn't am option as I am getting married. If springer precision or bowtie tactical does the cut down a. which magazines will I have to use compact or subcompact and b. will using the full size magazines I have now with the spacer turn the grip back into the full service size.

2. Kaboom

Kaboom XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    If it's a 9 or 40, the sub compact mags will work and yes the sleeve mag combo will return it to Service size.

If it's a 45 it will be the Compact mags and the sleeve will once again return it to Service size.

3. ThumperIII

ThumperIII XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Check that a grip chop does not cost you more than what a trade + cash would be for a new compact grip pistol that would include a compact mag and the three free mags from SA. .

4. gshock

gshock XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just did my own grip chop job for my xdm 40 cal 4.5 full size. Went very well. Saved my self some good money. Your talking around 100 bucks to chop pluse to send your gun there and back. I don't know how to post. When I figure out how I guess type in xdm grip chop.