American Guns - new show

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by atmiller, Oct 11, 2011.

1. atmiller

atmiller XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Impressions of the new show on Discovery?

2. atmiller

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Lot's of cleavage. Daughter dresses like a tramp. Other than that, I think he over-paid for those guns, but I'm sure he knows more about collectible firearms than me.

I'll continue to watch, because it has cleavage and guns.

3. atmiller

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    From Discovery:

"
    All-New! American Guns

09/21/2011

WYATTS: TYPICAL SUBURBAN FAMILY, ASIDE FROM THEIR BOOMING FIREARMS BUSINESS

New Series ‘American Guns’ to Feature Colorado Family’s Business Dealing with Historic,
    One-of-a-Kind and Downright Cool Guns

The Wyatts are your typical suburban family... who just happened to own one of the premiere firearms facilities in the world. Rich Wyatt and his wife Renee own Gunsmoke, located outside Denver, Colorado, where they buy, sell and trade guns - from hand canons to hunting rifles. And if you don't see what you want, they'll build one for you - from nothing more than a block of metal. Gunsmoke has the largest and most experienced group of gunsmiths in the state. When the Wyatts aren't building or selling guns, they're shooting them. No gun leaves their shop without being test fired by the family first. They - and the one-of-a-kind and historic guns they make and sell - are featured in the all-new series AMERICAN GUNS, premiering Monday, October 10th at 10PM ET/PT.
    The Wyatt family takes their guns very seriously. For 18 years they have owned Gunsmoke, turning the small business into a firearms enterprise. Rich is a master firearms trainer and former police officer with more than 22 years experience in law enforcement. He is one of only six people in the world certified by Colonel Jeff Cooper, a master firearms instructor and one of the 20th century's foremost experts on the use and history of small arms. And Rich is an extremely talented gunsmith. Give him a block of steel and he'll create art.
    Renee is the matriarch of the Wyatt clan. She runs the household and the business. And she doesn't go anywhere without her pistol in her boot. Kurt, 21, is the son of Rich and Renee. He qualified as a pistol expert at the age of 13 and is a gifted engraver, doing all of the engraving jobs that come through Gunsmoke. He hopes to one day own the shop his father has built up. Daughter Paige is a 16-year-old high school senior and works in the shop summers and nights/weekends. But don't let her looks fool you. She knows more about guns than most men who walk into the shop. And before you know it, you'll be buying one from her.
    Guns to be featured in the premiere season of AMERICAN GUNS include:
    Knuckle Duster - This gun, built in the late 1800's, was both brass knuckles AND a firearm. It was used for 'close combat' because it was small and easily concealable. It's no surprise it was the weapon of choice for many card cheats, thugs and prostitutes at the turn of the century. When a customer brings one in that can't be repaired, Rich does what he does best - builds him an exact replica from scratch.
    'Colt' Single Action Army - This is THE quintessential gun of the American west, carried by outlaws like Jesse James and lawmen like Wyatt Earp. Rich builds a one-of-a-kind Single Action Army from scratch for, proving the widespread appeal of the weapon, a Baptist preacher who wants a specialized and extremely fast six-shooter to help him win Cowboy Action Shooting competitions.
    Hand Cannon - Before there were handguns, there were cannons. The Hand Cannon is the first cannon that could be held in a soldier's hands and fired. Some argue that this is THE first firearm, the predecessor to everything we today know of as "guns." Rich and his team build one from scratch for Rich's friend Gary, an explosives fanatic who owns every type firearm built to blow things up...except this one.
    Adaptive Hunting Rifle - A young Colorado man lost most of the use of his right arm when his Humvee struck an IED while on patrol in Iraq. As a right-handed shooter, his injuries have made it difficult for him to hunt with his father, the thing that will make him feel normal again. Rich boldly steps up to the challenge to build this American hero a rifle that adapts perfectly to his physical limitations and helps him feel whole again. "

4. thetravlor

thetravlor XDTalk 2K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Lotsa scripted parts. "gotta hurry" and get there before anyone else and the guy is waiting there with horses to ride a whole block.
    Saw some nice guns and if I ever get to win the Powerball, I know which shop to head for.

5. Ocean82

Ocean82 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just like Sons of Guns....

Can we please get a real gun show without all the scripted reality garbage?

I miss American Shooter on TNN.

6. atmiller

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    All "reality" shows are scripted these days. Must make for better ratings.

7. driver

driver XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  8. jasonl6

jasonl6 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll continue to watch, if nothing else for the boobies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

daughter has a great body but has a butter face, She hot but her face....

[​IMG]

9. Brickboy240

Brickboy240 XDTalk 25K Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    Guns and boobies...

...and some here STILL complain.

Wow, tough crowd!

LOL

- brickboy240

10. WarLord

WarLord XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the only thing I see are (.)(.)

11. PacoJose

PacoJose XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The mom is pretty hot for her age. I enjoyed watching her more than watching the guns.

In general, it's just another stupid reality TV show like Sons of Guns. Last night, they created drama by CNC scratch-building a replica of some crappy "knuckle duster" revolver from the 19th Century. Since it has no barrel, the only way you could hit anything with it is by shooting at point blank range. The customer who wanted the gun is either getting it for free as part of the show or he is extremely stupid with his money. No way someone with brains would spend on something like that in real life.

Did you notice how the good ol' boy on that ranch showed the viewers where his gun safe is hidden? I thought that was pretty stupid, considering he supposedly had a quarter of a million in rare guns in there and he's out in the middle of freaking nowhere. Then, he sells the dad about $30K worth of antique rifles for $20K. Yeah, right. BTW, how much did it cost to rent the helicopter to get out there? Drama, drama, drama.

Also, why is it that when people shoot guns on these shows, whatever they're shooting at explodes? Think if I brought exploding targets out to my range, they'd get pi$$ed?

12. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    I want a knuckle duster replica, but I'll not pay more than $200 for it.

It's like all the other shows on TV ... Time wasting entertainment, and I agree with everyone's complaints, especially the helicopter and horse ride.

WarLord assessed it properly.
    LOL

13. Clinton1621

Clinton1621 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm... havent seen this show yet, but just watched a trailer and it seemed pretty douchey, if I wanted to watch a douchey show that had boobies, I would find some reruns of baywatch.

14. PacoJose

PacoJose XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But, on Baywatch, you don't have guns + boobs. That's the winning combination.

15. Clinton1621

Clinton1621 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a one or the other guy LOL... give me a show with guns, or give me a show with boobs... having both means one is detracting from the other, and I would hate to be biased to either one;)