Springfield XD Forum banner

All the cool kids were doing it, so...

6K views 56 replies 24 participants last post by  diesel lover 
#1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
I had to get a VP9, too.

Kinda cold & rainy, may not get it to the range today. Cleaned the prodigious amount of lube off it, though...

Thoughts do far after about 3-400 dry fires is that I like it...a lot. Stil need to get a P320 to compare, though.

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory

See less See more
#4 ·
I just got back from the range today myself, raining here to. I put 400 rounds through my p320 in 2 days to see how she would do. I usually clean then when I get them new but I didn't the sig. I heard all good things about the reliability and thought I'd see if it was true. Makes the 3rd outing to the range with the sig and love it. Only had one failure to extract and I had to push the casing out with a cleaning rod. I've heard the vp9 has a better trigger though. I haven't handled one but like to compare the two to see.

#5 ·
True.

I don't mind striker guns but they don't give me the gun sweats like hammer fired stuff does.

Ok, I'm gonna buy a Lonewolf Timberwolf Frame and that'll be my last striker for a while...scout's honor!

Wait, P7 a striker gun? Me thinks it is. I haven't paid enough attention to them...

#7 ·
Nice. With Sig and HK in strikers in a major way if your names not Glock and you're selling striker fired guns be nervous. And they all better up their games.

#20 ·
Congrats. Everybody posting their VP9s is making me mad jelly.

Me too.

Cuda66, back in mid-February, I rented a HK VP9 from the range/store, and managed to immediately shoot a 94 on the 10/10/10 with a little over 2.15 seconds left on the clock, from a low-ready (my typical presentation and time from concealment for a BSA template on par with the 10/10/10 is 1.5 to 1.8 seconds) - and this takes into account the fact that I had to glance down from the gun to read my iPhone. That was my absolute first time on the VP9, and prior to shooting The Test, I had only fingered the trigger path twice, dry. [ Aside: I really liked the trigger on this particular one, but I've been told it's inconsistent from sample-to-sample; I still like the PPQ's trigger better, though..... ]

The 25 yard line proved to be a bit more difficult with the VP9, but that was more my unfamiliarity with the POA/POI of the pistol than anything else. My initial 10 rounds all went high, with only 3 hits on the target. I adjusted my sight-picture and repeated the drill, and did much better. I did not score that sheet, but I believe that it would have been in the low 90s.

Ammo was PMC Bronze.

I'm *really* tempted to switch out my EDC (for the past 4 years, it's been my trusty XDm9 3.8 Compact) for the VP9, but the lack of mags available as well as the fact that I'd have to spend $Texas on revamping my support gear currently has me thinking twice about this.

Besides, I'd really like to wait for the SK variant to come out. :smile:

#15 ·
Congrats! You're gonna like it. :)
Finding mags won't be the easiest thing to do though.
Looks like you got the LE edition, so at least you got three mags to start.

#22 ·

Reactions: toyota2
#24 ·
VP9 felt really good in the hand, I need another HK so it might be this or the 30.

#27 ·
Or you could just hold your tiny junk in your hand, oops, fingers. ;)

#31 ·
And just where is "mid coast usa"? Chickenshit.

#49 ·
Yeah...

I was gonna say something, but since I've done my share of thread derailing, I figured it was karma.

Probably won't get to the range today...cold & windy, and I wanna run a solid 3-400 rounds.

Good day to knock out the honeydos...

#52 ·
Well, took it to the range.

Earlier, when I was dry firing, I put the L side plate in the right side, and the L backstrap on...the gun felt just. So. RIGHT in my hand, I thought of hit the jackpot...

Now, does anyone recall what Cuda66 always says when someone suggests buying a gun based on feel? If not, just wait a bit...

It shot horribly with those grips. Very low, very left.

I went back to the M side plate and back strap, tried again...and my first round went dead where aimed.

Which just goes to show--just because a pistol feels great in the hand, it does not mean it will shoot great.

Put a total of 250 rounds through it; I like it. Will it replace my 1911 as a carry gun, or the Mk25 as a bedside gun? Probably not. But it's a keeper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.