All it takes for evil to flourish is good men to stand by and do nothing

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by Cannibul, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Cannibul

Cannibul XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Security Guards Watch Girl Get Beaten - Video - FoxNews.com

The title to this post says it all.

How can three people stand there and watch another person being beaten like this?

I guess because it's "their job".

If that's the case then that "job" should be illegal.

The animals that did this? They should be put down.

2. ZenX

ZenX XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder what they would have done if my 275lb self jumped in there to stop her,but we cant blame it all on them,there was 10-15 other people standing around.At 23,i can say im truly ashamed of my generation,as well as the one after me.

3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear God.....

4. BradH

BradH XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ditto. It's truly sad how many people won't help because it's not urgent to them. It's also sad how in our country you can get sued for any reason at all, which makes even more people not want to interfere.

5. CMfromIL

CMfromIL XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG They should be fired immediatly, if not charged as complicit in the crime.

6. Jarhead1987

Jarhead1987 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Pretty lame on those guys.

7. slugger6

slugger6 XDTalk 90K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 32
    That is pathetic!

8. Wired

Wired XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    While I'm not saying I agree with it or would do the same thing, I can understand why the "guards" did what they did.

Jobs are few and far between right now and that's all a lot of people talk about right now. They were specifically told to "observe & report". Nothing more. They probably did only this so they don't lose their job and can no longer provide for their families. Morally, it's not correct, but you have to look out for yourself and your family before others and that's the bottom line.

The news story even tries to talk about how the "guards" could do that, outside of what their employer said. That's fine, but if you're going to make the "guards" out to be bad guys, make every one else that was standing there and did nothing a bad guy too, because they had the same responsibility.

I know the story is focusing on the "guards" since most people would think they are there to prevent this or they are there to provide some help in this scenario, but it just goes to show security guards can't protect you. You are responsible for your own safety, and you alone!

Bottom line, I agree with the Sgt. on the phone and I don't think the guards should be fired.

9. thelongone13

thelongone13 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's times when observe & report go out the window. This is one of them. These douchebags should be put out of business for this.

10. Dal1as

Dal1as XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seeing their job description, where this happened, and the age of the kids; I hate to say this but they may have done the right thing.

If they had acted and used force, which they would have because their were 10 or so other teen agers in the mob, they would lose their job, definately get sued, and possibly even get charged with assault on a minor.

It's sad how bad our younger generations have degenerated not to mention our society and country in general.

11. JAguirre

JAguirre XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The SGT from the Sheriff's Office stated:

"They (the security guards) are civilians, they are unarmed, they dont have the training to intervene in a confrontational fighting situation, they dont have the equipment. In fact they are told to observe and report."

WELL WTF GOOD ARE THEY AS SECURITY GUARDS THEN?!?!? How much of a bada$$ do you really have to be to stop a teenage girl from beating on another teenager? Seriously??

This makes me sick because the reality is that this could happen to anyone's sister, mother, wife/significant other, and to think that the "security guards" dont do anything to help that girl is terrible. I hope her family sues the bus company for all its worth.

12. katokahn99

katokahn99 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    That is why more people should carry...to defend themselves. The folks the citizen THINKS are there to protect them, in truth and in practice, are not; and, in many cases, cannot.

When seconds count, the cops (or security guards) are only minutes away (or practically not really there).

ETA: I don't know what they were guarding; but, I'm pretty sure they were not hired to guard the girl.

13. Zombie Hunter

Zombie Hunter XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    The worst videos are the ones where men cheer for women to fight each other. I have even seen the crowd attack a guy who tried to stop it.

This would be the polar opposite of Joe Horn in Texas shooting men robbing his neighbors house:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLtKCC7z0yc]YouTube - The complete Joe Horn 9-11 call[/ame]

14. ghost--scout

ghost--scout XDTalk 2K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I hate to say it but more "evil" would have come if the "guards" had intervened. They were not equipped or trained and if the aggressor had been injured during the intervention, not only would the "guards" lose their job it would make them liable for civil lawsuit. It's sad that one would be liable in a civil suit for trying to protect another person, but that's what it's come to these days with lawyers. Morals no longer establish right and wrong, only the written letter of the law, and it is open for interpretation. Those "guards" would then have no way to provide for their families, and be in debt to a criminal.

15. Jamescal

Jamescal XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Like they say HATE the game not the players. The guards followed orders. Shame what happened. Maybe it will change. I am an Armed Guard I don't know what i would do. Follow orders or get in the middle of a gang fight. Yes is was gang related. I have seen 3 reports on other networks on this.....