Springfield XD Forum banner

9mm 124 plated RN + titegroup

14K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  agalindo 
#1 ·
I have been reloading titegroup with 115 grain FMJ. I recently picked up 500 plated round nose bullets weighing 124 grains.

Does anyone have any experience reloading 9mm with these components? If so, what charge weight with titegroup has worked for you?

I practice safe reloading techniques. I understand to treat the plated like lead. Also, for this recipe, the books say to start at 3.6 and work up to a max of 4.0; however, i have not found a lot of data for titegroup and 124 grained RN. I have found info for different profiles such as HP and FP, but not a lot for RN so i guess im just looking for a little input. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
I load 124 gn plated with 4.0 grains of Titegroup. works great very clean good for range work. I have loaded and shot aprox, 3000 of these and my son uses the same load in his 9MMs also. I found 3.8gn would not run my guns, case would just barely get out of the port and some times FTE on my XD9mm 4". worked OK in my P225. Watch you COL as that bullet is a good bit longer then 115

#5 ·
I load 124gr lrn and 4.0 gr titegroup. Don't have the OAL handy but I seat the bullet just to where the last lube groove is at the case mouth.

#6 ·
I set 124g RNs at 1.15 and use a tight taper crimp. but not crushine the bullet

#7 ·
I've loaded 124gr 9mms with 4.2gr of Titegroup and a 1.100 OAL. Made power factor for IDPA. Used the Titegroup because someone gave me a few pounds of it, normally use Universal.

#8 ·
You shouldn't crip straight walled semi auto rounds they head space on the case mouth. Just remove the bell on the case mouth.

#10 ·
Use lead bullet data don't over crimp or you'll cut the copper plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.