3.8 XD(M) or XD(S) for CC? (Both in .45)

Discussion in 'General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk' started by servsuper, Oct 18, 2012.

1. servsuper

servsuper XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a lot of experience with pistols, but this will only be my second CC gun. The other is a Kahr P380 pocket pistol for when I'm wearing very light clothing in the summer. Now, I'm trying to decide on the next gun. I would probably be carrying this gun in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. What are everyone's thoughts on the size difference in regards to comfort while carrying? I'm trying to determine if the additional round count of the XD(M) would be worth the size difference. Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who has carried both. Thanks!

2. BradXDM45c

BradXDM45c XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have both. I took a few shots of both side by side (they are in the XDS section) and did a little review.

The XDM is not much bigger, but it's where it's bigger that counts. IMO CC'ing is about about carrying the smallest package - comfortably. I think it's going to vary from person to person on what they prefer.

For me, well, my XDM is for sale right now in the FS section.......

Nothing wrong with it (or them) at all, just MY personal preference is the smaller XDS. Round count doesn't mean much to me as shots need to count, not the ol' "spray and pray"

Worried about round count? Carry a spare mag :)

3. servsuper

servsuper XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good info & ideas, thanks. How did they shoot compared to each other? How were the triggers? Recoil?