.22 LR Conversion kit

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by mwatson69, Nov 7, 2011.

1. mwatson69

mwatson69 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone heard anything recently about the 22 conversion kit for the XDs? I havent been able to find anything and its been over a yr since they were announced. Thanks for any info.

2. Mjasinski

Mjasinski XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never even heard of that, but it would be kinda cool :cool:

3. YoopermikeXDM

YoopermikeXDM XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    They need to just some out with an xd/m in 22cal.

4. texan_eagle_scout

texan_eagle_scout XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    It's becoming the Bigfoot of the gun world. Everyone has heard of it... A few people claim to have seen it... Nobody has proof they actually exist.

5. Mjasinski

Mjasinski XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That would be awesome! It would also be cool if they kept it full size...wonder how many rounds you could fit in one :)

6. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    For as long as I have been coming in here people have asked this question. There was some talk a few years back of someone making an aftermarket kit but it never materialized. I guess the tooling costs were too much. The problem is which gun would you make it for? Since Springfield has several different frame sizes, and new models keep coming out, it's a moving target as far as making an upper and magazine for the "most popular" and thus the most numerous version to be your market for a 22 conversion. I don't think it will happen unless Springfield does it themselves, and I wouldn't hold my breath on that since they seem to be selling all the guns they can make as it is.

7. chb119

chb119 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just looking around for this the other day, got back from the gun shop and saw Sig’s versions and liked it. It looks like xdguys.com is working on one, but have no idea how long or when it will be available or how long that message was up for.

8. jimdanos

jimdanos XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    There ain't no such animal yet. I got tired of waiting over a year and ended up buying a Ruger MKIII

9. COBRACOMMANDER82

COBRACOMMANDER82 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know many people are asking for a single stack, 10mm, and others next. But, my choice is a 22 conversion. It is the obvious choice. It is a win for the shooters and a win for the company. This would be much more affordable to shoot your XDm as much as possible with real hand gun training. It would be free marketing for the company with many more shooters at the range displaying their XDms for longer periods of time. This is my clear request, which I believe to be warranted. What do you think?

10. texan_eagle_scout

texan_eagle_scout XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    What we want and what we get are usually not the same.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zgAWHRJC1Y&feature=related]You Can't Always Get What You Want - Rolling Stones - YouTube[/ame]

11. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
  12. COBRACOMMANDER82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Usually we do get what we want, when it is beneficial for the company. If this doesn't happen, then SA genuinely does no think it will benefit them finacially through a cost benefit analysis. I disagree. I think the 9mm XDm should have an optional included 22 conversion kit. This would reach out to everyone. I would pay a $200 extra over the price of a 9mm. Then, I would let everyone shoot it and I mean across the board, niece, nephew, friends kids, grandma, grandpa, girlfriend, train my son on it someday. This would put the XDm in more hands than any 10mm, single stack, or compact version ever could. Talk about marketing.

13. COBRACOMMANDER82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As AZXD pointed out on the referred website, the Glock kits are $325. Over my $200 standpoint. For that price, they should just make a 22 XDm. But, I still believe a limited edition 9mm with a 22 conversion kit for $825 would sell like hot cakes. But, I am not going to say that I have the information SA analyst have or it is not in the works already. They sure do have a tight lip overe there at SA. All I know is that this is a +1 for Block currently.

14. ajamesp51

ajamesp51 Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Its not a cost thing it is a reliability thing. A 22 conversion does exist but is not reliable for any length of time. The way the XD works will not allow it to use a 22lr. The slide is being pushed closed by the recoil spring which also puts tension on the striker in the opposite direction (single action fully cocked). When the round fires the recoil spring has to be weak enough for the slide mass to cycle and recock the striker, but strong enough to load a new round, lock up, and hold the striker back. You have fine tuned opposite forces that have to counter act each other. And the Striker spring has to be strong enough to reliably ignite the round.

With Glock the Striker is only in partial tension the trigger pushes the the striker back when you pull the trigger. With an XD the striker when cock is always in full tension.

15. COBRACOMMANDER82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very enlightening James. Sigh. Well, I am still in the market for a 22 handgun with a combat feel. None of that target crap. Just my opinion. I do love my Ruger 22 rifle with browning scope. I guess, it is the walther P22 for me.