18 Signs The Collapse Of Society Is Accelerating

Discussion in 'SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness' started by AZXD, Jun 19, 2011.

1. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    The video for #16 says a lot about a portion of our society ... Then again, the entire article, and especially the documentation contained in it's links, says a lot about the society we live in, and what is happening to it.

Is society on the brink of a collapse into chaos ?
    What are you seeing ?

2. impulse

impulse XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pretty weak

3. Russ7777

Russ7777 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you notice how the majority of these deal with morality issues? I do agree that as this country sinks deeper and deeper into the "new Morality" the closer we come to our demise as a great nation.

4. Radio Relay

Radio Relay XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    A lot of that is pretty alarmist, but it doesn't take away from the fact that society is crumbling ...

I personally think that this all started when the government decided not follow it's own laws. Particularly those dealing with the southern boarder. People are just starting to say "if they don't follow the law, then why should we?".

It's one reason why I carry at least 30 rounds (17 in the gun, 13 in the extra mag), but I might start having to throw the shotgun in the truck when I go in to the Front Range.

5. Zombie Hunter

Zombie Hunter XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    "In New York City, one 32-year-old man was recently charged with sexually assaulting an 85-year-old woman"

There have been sickos since the dawn of man, this means nothing. Murder and violent crime have been on the decline nationwide for the past decade.

6. windsearcher

windsearcher XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Agree with Russ7777 --- has to do with a moral society. If we had real morals, the threat of force wouldn't be what was keeping people civil, they would be doing it because they knew what was "right."

Don't worry guys, I'm not going to get "preachy"..... :-D

As I have seen more and more of these things happening, I think maybe I need to start carrying my extra mags. again. :-(

7. zipgun

zipgun XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    That article is BS. One could compile a list of things during just about any period in our history to show the collapse of society. The problem is people have a very narrow frame of reference. If you've been around awhile you would know that things today are the same as they ever were.

8. Groo

Groo XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    at least half of this is "nothing new" we just have a media that likes to broadcast it all over the country now, compared to when they used a little discretion in the past.

9. ackks

ackks XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Morals religiously based or not are the only things which hold society together. The more people move away from them the worst it's going to get. The scary thing is how desensitized to violence, sex, greed, etc children are becoming from TV, movies, and video games.

10. cz75luver

cz75luver XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The article is such a crock of poo and purposely written to overdo the "social/civil breakdown". If society was so civil in times past, then why was there need for a handgun? Handguns are primarily for self defense and if everyone respected one another and treated each other well, then there wouldn't have been a need for its invention. Going back even further, why would a dagger or sword be carried outside of warring regions while in town/village.?. People are inherently evil, have always been, and will always be and will treat each other poorly if there are no consequences. We are inherently violent, it's in our nature. It's why rules/laws had to be made; to bring social order. Without order, people will revert back to violence and the mistreatment of others.

It's up to the family and society to teach the younger generations what is considered socially appropriate, but with divorce, separation, single-parent homes, American society following the practice of polite ignorance, etc., there is no one to educate the younger people.

Take a gander at this article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/06/15/fathers.pew.study/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Social breakdown? Try breakdown of the family unit.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  11. CW45

CW45 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Absolutely!!! I agree it is alarmist/shrill and from a source of dubious at best believability. Frankly I am no smarter for having read it. I hope I am not dumber for having done so. HAHAHAHAHA

12. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Glad some of you can so quickly go after the messenger, and call them alarmist.

Now how about the actions of many within our society ... Do you think these are signs of good to come ?

13. CW45

CW45 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel we are in for a rough few years or maybe a decade. However I am not in the Chicken Little Camp that the sky is in danger of falling tomorrow, it isn't. The tone/tenor/shrillness on the margins is what is keep those of us who put intelligence over emotion from making some needed changes over time.

People want instant solutions. Those folks are caled ignorant/indolent and just plain stupid. Most people are like most businesses they are only concerned about tomorrow or the next quarter. We need foward thinkers and folks wh look long term not next election cycle.

I currently volunteer loads of time to my state and US reps to make the tonw halls the civic groups and others to talk about getting involved andstaying involved over th elong haul.

The flash in the pan folks are worthless. If you are not long term workers please stay at home and keep being a keyboard commando. That way you will be out of the way of those who actually are inthe arena and trying to make things better.

14. crainer1207

crainer1207 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    People no longer have anything to fear. More and more people are not religious so there is no fear of being judged in the afterlife. And unless you murder someone your out of jail in a couple of years at most. So what is there to keep people in fear enough to not be complete animals?

15. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    So now it's a chicken little article :lol:
    OK !!!

At least you and I can agree that we are in for a few years of rough times.

I guess such is to be expected, when people feel they have nothing to loose ;)

16. hobie16

hobie16 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am looking at the spot where #3 happened...homeless man using fountain to wash himself off herre in new london ct...I work across the street

17. crainer1207

crainer1207 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why do post a bunch of stuff from the drudge report all the time?:?:
    Just curious.

18. SRD

SRD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You need the fear of god to keep you from being an animal? Some people are good some are bad religion has little to do with it. I dont believe in god or the afterlife but i dont go raping and pillaging because of it. I dont do these things because i wouldnt want to hurt another person.

19. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Because it's an available source for news articles, just like Google News is.

20. SRD

SRD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I think you need to just pick the good articles though.