• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Bad Neighbor messing with my car.

This is a discussion on Bad Neighbor messing with my car. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I live in what would be considered a normal college town. My apartment is part of a group of houses that surround a common parking ...

Old 01-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 19260
Angry Bad Neighbor messing with my car.

I live in what would be considered a normal college town. My apartment is part of a group of houses that surround a common parking lot with about 10+ spaces. None of the spots are labeled, and parking is included in the lease. The landlord provides free plowing when it snows. Basically you are allowed to park where you want. There is a general order to things and no one has had any trouble.

My troubles started at the beginning of November when I noticed that someone had jumped on the hood of my 1997 9000 Aero leaving some sizable dents. It was the weekend of the Keene Pumpkinfest, and I assumed that it was drunk college kids getting there rocks off. A short time later it looked like someone had puked on my back window (or a chipmunk melted all over it).

The kicker came yesterday. It had snowed about 8" and the landlord had plowed as much as he could, with most of the parking spots occupied by cars. I was dropped off at my apartment around 2pm from a friend who took me to get some coffee. I decided to move my car to an open, and plowed parking spot, so that the landlord could plow where I had previously parked when he came back. All was well.... New Years came and went. I was drunk and happy.

About 12:45 am I was outside smoking a cancer stick ( sometimes it just feels good with a beer... nm) when a neighbor who lives in a different building that shares the parking lot (all under the same landlord) came home and started screaming,

"Saab!! Move your ****ing car!"

I live in a 2nd floor apt. and poked my head out the stairwell window opening to see what he was yelling about. I asked him what his problem was and he said that it was his spot I parked in and that he was going to call the landlord and have it towed. He's only lived there a few months and obviously didn't read his lease. There are no assigned parking spots.. no names in the pavement, no signs, no numbers. It's free to the tenants.

Anyway, I tell him that I'm not moving my car because there's no assigned parking, and it's cold, and I'm drunk standing in my flipflops. He continues to scream out some garbage about how he plowed it, and how he works and I don't, and I don't deserve it. Wtf? For the record I'm back in school, currently on winter break, using my GI Bill smartly this semester. I don't have to work, and I don't feel bad for him if he does. (These last 4 months are the longest I've not worked since I was 16.)

I look out this morning and see that he hocked a big lunger on my driver's window. Nice... thanks.

I'm pretty much convinced that it's been the same jerk who's been messing with my car, and I'm fed up. I'm going to talk to my landlord about it when I drop off the rent check, however I'm this close to going over there.... which lies the problem. I hold several things very high: my family, the USMC, my 2A rights, and my car. I'd hate to go over there and have the situation turn sour, and end up flooring the jerk in his doorway, because that really wouldn't solve anything.

I really can't complain to the police because I can't prove anything. I'm pissed, and need some advice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
akmjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
Advice: Stop smoking. Don't drive drunk. Stop smoking. Get a PC camera and shoot it out your window and record stuff. Stop smoking. If it were my choice whether my kids shot up heroin or smoked, I'd have to give it some serious thought.
Mercmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 21313
Happy New Year!
jfdavis58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 29327
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmjolnir View Post
I live in what would be considered a normal college town. My apartment is part of a group of houses that surround a common parking lot with about 10+ spaces. None of the spots are labeled, and parking is included in the lease. The landlord provides free plowing when it snows. Basically you are allowed to park where you want. There is a general order to things and no one has had any trouble.

My troubles started at the beginning of November when I noticed that someone had jumped on the hood of my 1997 9000 Aero leaving some sizable dents. It was the weekend of the Keene Pumpkinfest, and I assumed that it was drunk college kids getting there rocks off. A short time later it looked like someone had puked on my back window (or a chipmunk melted all over it).

The kicker came yesterday. It had snowed about 8" and the landlord had plowed as much as he could, with most of the parking spots occupied by cars. I was dropped off at my apartment around 2pm from a friend who took me to get some coffee. I decided to move my car to an open, and plowed parking spot, so that the landlord could plow where I had previously parked when he came back. All was well.... New Years came and went. I was drunk and happy.

About 12:45 am I was outside smoking a cancer stick ( sometimes it just feels good with a beer... nm) when a neighbor who lives in a different building that shares the parking lot (all under the same landlord) came home and started screaming,

"Saab!! Move your ****ing car!"

I live in a 2nd floor apt. and poked my head out the stairwell window opening to see what he was yelling about. I asked him what his problem was and he said that it was his spot I parked in and that he was going to call the landlord and have it towed. He's only lived there a few months and obviously didn't read his lease. There are no assigned parking spots.. no names in the pavement, no signs, no numbers. It's free to the tenants.

Anyway, I tell him that I'm not moving my car because there's no assigned parking, and it's cold, and I'm drunk standing in my flipflops. He continues to scream out some garbage about how he plowed it, and how he works and I don't, and I don't deserve it. Wtf? For the record I'm back in school, currently on winter break, using my GI Bill smartly this semester. I don't have to work, and I don't feel bad for him if he does. (These last 4 months are the longest I've not worked since I was 16.)

I look out this morning and see that he hocked a big lunger on my driver's window. Nice... thanks.

I'm pretty much convinced that it's been the same jerk who's been messing with my car, and I'm fed up. I'm going to talk to my landlord about it when I drop off the rent check, however I'm this close to going over there.... which lies the problem. I hold several things very high: my family, the USMC, my 2A rights, and my car. I'd hate to go over there and have the situation turn sour, and end up flooring the jerk in his doorway, because that really wouldn't solve anything.

I really can't complain to the police because I can't prove anything. I'm pissed, and need some advice.
can you set up a small video camera and or web cam aimed at your car to catch whoever has been vandalizing your car in the act? If so, get the proof you need to turn this over to your landlord or the police if needed. In the meantime I would let your landlord know you are having problems and you suspect (do not accuse) your neighbor. You never know..someone could be messing with his car and he may think it's you when it could be some random kids in your complex.

"There are no restrictions on the First Amendment when trying to restrict the Second Amendment" -- Tim Inwood, Buckeye Firearms Association.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cooks128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 31141
Catch him when he's outside of his apartment and explain things to him so he'll understand the rules, the rules about parking and the rules about messing with other people's property.

"God and guns
Keep us strong.
That's what this country
Was founded on.
Well, we might as well give up and run
If we let them take our God and guns."
ryr8828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
XDTalk 50K Member

Member #: 29563
Get a web cam and record to your pc hard drive. It will use alot of space so you will have to purge video from the "good nights". Also, how is the lighting in the parking lot?
Old 01-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27497
video tape it and put it in you tube
toolboxluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 19260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmar View Post
Advice: Stop smoking. Don't drive drunk. Stop smoking. Get a PC camera and shoot it out your window and record stuff. Stop smoking. If it were my choice whether my kids shot up heroin or smoked, I'd have to give it some serious thought.
To be fair I wasn't driving anywhere last night. I had moved my car in the afternoon, well before any New Years drinking. But you're right about the smoking.

The camera is a good idea, but the lighting is nil at night, when this sort of thing seems to happen.

akmjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 31032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmar View Post
+1
El Diucklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 9181
I have found that the best way to deal with idiots is to deal with them harshly and swiftly. Never let stuff build up. The "Crazy neighbor" routine works very well.

A neighbor of mine, quite a few years back relocated for work and moved out and left his teenage kids to live there alone, under the supervision of their 18 year old, derelict, high school drop out son. They decided to have parties every night, shoot fireworks onto my roof at 3:00 a.m. in the morning, make pipe bombs, bonfires, etc., at all hours of the morning. Booze bottles in my yard every morning, etc. They even set my stockade fence on fire with old motor oil.

They caught me on the wrong night, one time. A friend dropped me off at home at 2:30 in the morning after a bachelor party for my best friend, when I was half loaded with Maker's Mark Bourbon Whiskey. I am a real prick when I drink whiskey. Anyhow, I came home to my wife upset and crying, my newborn son crying, and the a-holes stuck in my yard with a car buried to the axle, after they attempted a doughnut on my lawn. Wife called the Sheriff, and they told her that "all units were tied up".

Anyhow, when I got home, I dealt with it. Harshly and swiftly. Without getting into details. They never had a party again, they never drove that car again, and they never looked in my general direction again, except maybe to say "Hello, sir".

The last time the neighbor's house went up for sale, I made sure that EVERY time they showed the house or had an open-house, I mowed the lawn and open-carried. Ted Nugent stickers all over my car. NRA bumper stickers on the old Jeep. All very friendly, but I wanted them to know what they were dealing with. When someone finally bought it, the first thing that rolled off the moving truck was the guy's 1000 pound gun safe. We get along marvelous, and it is the best neighborly relationship I have ever had. I would do anything to help him, and likewise for me. An armed society is a polite society.

LUVMYSIGP225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
how do i prove that someone messed with my car

how to catch someone messing with your car

how to prove someone messed with your car

how to tell if someone is messing with your car

how to tell someone is messing with your vehicle

messing with the neighbors car

neighbor messing with car

nieghbor messing with my car

seone messes with ur car

someone is messing with my car

someone keeps messing with my laundry

what to do when a neighbor messes with your car
Click on a term to search for related topics.