• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Shooting targets made to look like cartoon Obama...?

This is a discussion on Shooting targets made to look like cartoon Obama...? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I am a bit of an artist and I drew up some cartoonish images to take to the range as a joke for me and ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Shooting targets made to look like cartoon Obama...?

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 24239
Shooting targets made to look like cartoon Obama...?

I am a bit of an artist and I drew up some cartoonish images to take to the range as a joke for me and my buddies. One of them happens to be of president elect Obama and I am not sure if taking 200 yard shots at his cartoon head will go un-noticed or without incident. Would any of you be pissed or alarmed if you saw some guy taking shots at a cartoon head of our next Dictator ahh I mean ruler dang it..... Prehhh... Preeehhsi..... Presidennnn..... President?

"The dirty little secret about freedom is, you're on your own." - Clarence Thomas

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle

"My friends we live in the greatest nation in the history world. I hope you will join with me as we try to change it." - Barack Hussein Obama
Remove Ads
Old 11-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27696
I think your walking a fine line on this one. I might do it on my own personal property, but probably wouldn't be doing it in public.
Seems like the risk outweighs the reward here
Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27781
I would not have a problem...but all the other libs out there might...

I say it's freedom of expression...if people can burn flags why cant we burn pictures of Obama or better yet shoot at Obama targets? I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but I certainly think you would be protected by the Constitution in doing so...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
-- Alexander Hamilton

Last edited by TexasXD40; 11-19-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 11911
I don't know if I would say alarmed, but I would find it unnecessary, inappropriate, and dare I say- unpatriotic. Like him or not (Lord knows I don't), we're still citizens of this country, and he will be the leader of the country for better or worse. By living here you are agreeing to that, that's your social contract in agreeing to deal with what's going on (according to Hobbes). I may dislike him and hate most of his ideas, plans, and policies, but I still love my country.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29956
While I am certainly not an admirer of our next president(that has to be the understatement of the decade) ,I still respect the office he will hold ,and I don't think it would be a good idea to shoot him in effigy in a public place like a range.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 11705
I'm pretty conservative and don't like 99% of what I've heard the guy say.

Until he commits treason and is proven to have done so, I think your targets are a really bad idea.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 22703
I'll go with all the comments above. This is a really bad idea and a great way to get a visit from some very unpleasant but professional people. Why risk it over something this unnecessary? Make an Osama Bin Laden caricature and have at it instead.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
Old 11-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 26172
it depends how cartoonish it is.

i would do it in privite but not a public range it "might" be considered a threat on the president. i doubt it would happen but we (gun owners) dont need that bad press.
or ask the range master if it would be ok and show him the pic, let him know that if its not ok its not a big deal and you just wanted to check with him first to see if it was ok with him. if he says no then leave it at that, if the range master is ok with it then odds are everything would be ok but i sure wouldnt just hang it up and start blasting with his permission

or if anyone asks just say its a picture of your boss at work and you just needed to shoot a drawing of him, this depends on how much it looks like him

just change one thing like adding glasses and it should be ok then since it would be hard for someone to say its obama since he doesnt wear glasses

I haven't stopped believing in god. I just stopped beliving he cares. There might be a god, there might not, but i dont think it matters. Either way were on our own.-Jace Wayland

If you want to polish your barrel click the link below

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23065
IMO...don't do it.

I knew a person a couple of years ago who got a visit from the secret service. She called in to a local radio station about a week before the President visited her town and posed more of a "what if" question rather than any sort of threat, concerning the President. Apparently somebody thought it was enough of a threat to warrant investigation, because two days later the secret service showed up at her house to "feel her out". Believe me, they take every threatening situation VERY seriously. She did say they were very nice about things after the first few minutes.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if you ended up getting a visit concerning your target idea.

Hopefully not.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 29363
Don't do it in public unless you want to be detained as a terrorist in one of the many detention centers indefinitely with no lawyer and no legal recourse...
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
free obama shooting targets to print 8.5 by 11
free printable obama targets
obama paper shooting targets
obama paper shooting targets for sale
obama paper targets
obama range targets
obama shooting targets for sale
obama silhouette target
obama siloettee for target practice
obama targets for sale

obama targets for shooting

obama targets for shooting for sale

printable obama shooting targets

printable obama targets

printable targets with obama's face on them
Click on a term to search for related topics.