• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

WTH? Did D.C ban 7.62x39 from Russia?

This is a discussion on WTH? Did D.C ban 7.62x39 from Russia? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Did Washington just shut off the flow of 7.62x39 ammunition, coming from Russia? That's how I read this... Taken from the Wolf Ammo website: TCW ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » WTH? Did D.C ban 7.62x39 from Russia?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 25254
WTH? Did D.C ban 7.62x39 imports from Russia?

Did Washington just shut off the flow of 7.62x39 ammunition, coming from Russia?

That's how I read this...

Quote:
Taken from the Wolf Ammo website:
Quote:
TCW - WOLF - The Tula Cartridge Works

MILITARY SMALL-ARMS AMMUNITION
Our products are used by many law enforcement agencies and the armed forces. Advanced ammunition by the TCW which is used in anti-terrorist operations deserves special mentioning. The Tula military ammunition is exported to many countries via the state company “ROSOBORONEXPORT” (http://www.rusarm.ru) ONLY .

U.S. sanctions against Russian arms exporter meet objection
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_10252262.htm

English_Xinhua 2008-10-25 23:32:15

WASHINGTON, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) -- The United States has slapped financial sanctions on Russia's state arms exporter for its dealings with Iran, a move was described by Russia as something "without international legal foundation," the Washington Post reported Saturday.

Under the U.S. law, any assets of the entities or individuals being sanctioned will be frozen, and no Americans are allowed to do business with them.

The U.S. sanctions were designed to thwart the sales of sensitive technology that could help Iran, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) and Syria develop weapons of mass destruction or missile systems, the Washington Post said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday denounced the U.S. sanctions on Russia's Rosodboronexport, and its subsidiaries, as illegal and unjust.

"These new sanctions were introduced without any international legal foundation whatsoever," Lavrov was quoted as reporting in Moscow.

Russia will not change its policies on Iran because of the sanctions, the Russian foreign minister stressed.

- - - - - - - - -

Russia criticizes U.S. sanctions against arms exporter
RIA Novosti - World - Russia criticizes U.S. sanctions against arms exporter - 2

"...(snip)...The sanctions against Rosoboronexport are valid for two years, and bar any U.S. aid, contracts or arms sales to the blacklisted entities. The order was signed on October 16, and came into effect on Thursday. A Rosoboronexport representative on Friday called the sanctions a "manifestation of unethical competition."
"We view the imposition of sanctions with regard to the sole Russian facilitator of arms sales as a manifestation of unethical competition," Vyacheslav Davydenko told reporters.

- - - - - - - - -

Russia criticizes US sanctions on arms trader
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...arms-trader-1/

- - - - - - - - -

Russia decries U.S. sanctions on arms exporting company
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4411802.story

- - - - - - - - -

Here are some memorable quotes.

“I don't care about crime, I just want to get the guns.” - Howard Metzenbaum, US Senator

"We're here to tell the NRA their nightmare [ban on guns] is true..." - Charles Schumer, US Representative

"Until we can ban all of them [firearms], then we might as well ban none." - Howard Metzenbaum, US Senator

"With a 10,000% tax we could tax them [guns] out of existence." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan, US Senator

Stock up boys!!! If this is true, whats in the US is what's left.

Last edited by yeahYeah; 10-26-2008 at 11:53 AM.
yeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Mope, its not banned...TCW may be limited, but Barnual and Uly will still ship just fine...and the funny part is, Wolf isn't a big producer of military ammunition, just pwder and bullets-Barnual manufactures 90% of the cases....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 6013
Regardless, I feel better for grabbing 200 rounds at Academy for $30....
Old 10-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27395
Wouldn't be the first time the US made cheap ammo illegal...

First it was the x39 steel core ammo from China...because someone designed a "short barreled rifle" in said caliber that never sold...and these rounds are obviously armor piercing and cop killers.
LezChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 21946
Saw this posted in another forum:
Quote:
Ok here's the skinny

I just got off the phone with the VP of Wolf in California...

The sanctions are against ROSOBORONEXPORT. These sanctions prevent U.S. govt entities from purchasing from this state export firm. They do not prevent Wolf Ammo in California from buying 7.62x39 ammo from Tula, Izhevsk, or any of the other cartridge mfg. firms in the former comblock countries. This sanction is more along the lines of military and govt. sales, I.E. missiles, rockets, etc. It *will* prevent the US govt from buying rifle ammunition from Tula (IE Wolf Russia), but it will not prevent private entities/corporations from doing so.

There is *no* ban for civies. I'm seeing this ban-scare fly around the internet, and I checked with the company, higher up the food chain this time. I explained to him what was flying around the internet, and during the phone convo the V.P. asked me to let the internet forums know "that Rosoboronexport has been under sanctions before, and is no friend of the U.S. State department, and this has not restricted nor stopped importation for us, ever, so tell them not to panic", in his words.

I also spoke with a friend in the State Department and he confirmed essentially the same thing, Wolf ammo will still be available to the U.S. and still be allowed importation. I hope this clears things up.
Rusty Shackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 27076
I guess I need to buy more ammo, the time is growing near..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
7.62 x 39 ammo ban

7.62x39 ammo ban

7.62x39 ammo russian ban

7.62x39 ban
is russian ammo banned
is russian ammo going to be banned

russian ammo ban

russian ammo banned
russian ammo is on sanction
russian ammunition ban
russian sanctions 7.62x39 ammo
tula ammo ban
tula ammo sanctions
tula n7.62 banned from import?
will 7.62x39 be banned
will 7.62x39 be banned?
Click on a term to search for related topics.