• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

credit card got stolen

This is a discussion on credit card got stolen within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I went to buy an AK the other day and my credit card got declined, so I called them up and apparently it has been ...

Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 24266
credit card got stolen

I went to buy an AK the other day and my credit card got declined, so I called them up and apparently it has been frozen due to some fraudulent charges...I haven't used this thing in moths! and now I have to wait a week to get my ak, because I have to wait until they send me another card....sigh...I guess it could be worse....just annoying.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so"-Thomas Jefferson
Modificationvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 19260
The CC company should have called you immediately upon finding any fraudulent charges. Mine did, but they lost the original replacement card in the mail, so the time without a card probably evens out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
akmjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
Been there done that before. My ex got her pocket picked during christmas one year and they got my debit card. Had my wallet stolen once and a credit account got all messed up. Good luck and be vigilant to your account activity.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 19326
Make sure you check all of your accounts. They could be taking statements out of your mailbox.

That happened to me last year. Had to change all of my accounts and got a PO Box.

Gen. George S. Patton
gkelley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 27076
Got to keep an eye open!!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23258
Discover did this to me twice within a year. They close the account down and sent out cards. We didn't know it until we went to use the card. No call or anything. My wife called them and they said that they had gotten reports that some of the places we had shopped at had their systems compromised and someone may have gotten CC info. She told them that was BS and if they pulled this stunt again that they need not send out replacement cards.

It seems to me that credit card companies are trying to protect their behind since the consumer is only liable for the first $50. They freeze or close the account anytime they think something might be up.
k-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #7
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4313
I got the call this summer. Asked me if I was buying auto parts in California ? I said no I'm in Nebraska, then she asked me if I was online opening up a match.com account. Again I told her no. Well they racked up a couple grand in minutes.

Then about a month ago some company put an un-authorized charge through for $9.00 hoping I wouldn't catch it.
Majk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
TMP
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 21084
Sign up for paperless billing from all of you CC companies and setup your online access. Change your passwords every few months and check your accounts on a regular basis.

Lately some $1 charges have been made to my card and I keep disputing them and getting the charge taken off. That's what I get for trying out a credit monitoring service and canceling them. I have no idea why I keep getting the $1 charge but my next step will be to try and get them blocked from my account.
TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 9890
My wife had two of those bogus $12 charges put on her CC a while back, she disputed them and the CC company took them off. They originated in Russia.

Then one of the bogus companies threatened to SUE US for not paying!
The 'collection letter' was totally illegally worded and when we sent them a registered letter with the details, they refused to sign for it.

Then, they threatened to sue us again.
The letter from the lawyer and filing with the BBB and NY Attorney General stopped them but they are still in business with a huge list of complaints against them.

So, the first time you get a bogus charge on your CC, demand the company cancel it and re-issue.
Tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
someone took a $1000 from my debit card when I was in cali. The ONLY time i used my debit and PIN there was at this gas station. For sure I believe the gas pump machine was rigged to record the card data. Later someone charged the money at an ATM. The gas pump declined my discover card so thats the reason why I used the debit. Being an ATM you need a physical card and PIN so they had a magnetic card writer machine also which is why for sure the gas pump was recording my acct# and PIN data. This happened a couple days after I arrived back in Houston. Chase called me and shut down my card and they refunded my money. Its all fixed now and I'm getting new cards issued.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

airlines rep xd charge

airlines rep xd on credit card statement
majk threads credit card charge
xd credit card charge
Click on a term to search for related topics.