• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SWAT Team Honored For Raid On Wrong House

This is a discussion on SWAT Team Honored For Raid On Wrong House within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; wow...just wow! it sucks that stuff like this happens....

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » SWAT Team Honored For Raid On Wrong House

Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #61
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22741
wow...just wow! it sucks that stuff like this happens.
thebigx is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-31-2008, 09:37 PM   #62
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 13749
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD 45 View Post
Yuppy....

What has happened in your life that has made you so anti-police? It really seems like you go above & beyond to put-down & seem to call for police getting killed? Mistakes get made, but to actually wish that police die seems really wierd.
(First off)

I don't REALLY want to see any police officers killed, and I've NEVER PUT DOWN COPS FOR DOING SOMETHING GOOD.

The subject of the threads I've commented on are ALL about the Injustices and Brutality that are commited by SOME cops.

The fact that these cop's seem to not only get away with it, but get a paid vacation while it's being "Investigated", or the fact that the "Blue Brotherhood" seems overly willing to Cover-up, make excuses for, or wait until people forget about the story and then tell us:
"Our 'Investigation' found that they followed procedure and they are being awarded for heroism".

-Or telling us the SWAT teams are not to blame and bear no responsibility, because they were just "Following orders" -when they kick in the door and they pull the trigger.....dosn't sit well with alot of people (me included).

Now, I don't know if there are MORE dirty Cop's these days (or if the media just reports it more)..................
-But there seems to be a real double standard when it come to Cops following the law and being punished for wrong doings, as opposed to joe citizen.

(But to get back to the topic)

As I've said before:

It's Painfully Obvious that this incident (and the HUNDREDS of other botched raids on INNOCENT Americans) has made absolutely no lasting impression on the Police community. The fact that AWARDS were given out after one such botched raid proves it!

If destroying Innocent peoples homes, killing their pets, and sometimes the people themselves hasn't made the Police re-examine the use of No-Knock raids.....What will?

I willing to bet that if more Officers DID get injured or killed carrying out these Botched raids on Innocent victims who defended themselves....the Police would DEFINETLY RE-EXAMINE the use of No-Knock Warrants. True?

And finally, I've pointed out that:

"the rise in no-knock warrants over the last 25 years neatly corresponds with the rise in the number and frequency of use of SWAT teams. Eastern Kentucky University criminologist Peter Kraska, a widely cited expert on the "militarization" of domestic police departments, estimates that the number of SWAT team deployments has jumped from 3,000 a year in the early 1980s to more than 40,000 a year by the early 2000s......

Or that:

"No-knock raids have been justified on the flimsiest of reasons, including that the suspect was a licensed, registered gun owner (NRA, take note!), or that the mere presence of indoor plumbing could be enough to trigger the "destruction of evidence" exception."

So it's not suprising that these types of botched raids, combined with the almost daily stories of Police brutality and Criminal acts, begins to taint the way people see Law inforcment (just as Government Corruption has changed the way we see our Politicians).

.....But, that's just MY opinion.

-Yuppicide (the Punk Rock Troll)

ΜΟΛΩΝ
ΛΑΒΕ
Yuppicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #63
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 17789
Had I been a member of that SWAT team, I would have put together a small group of us and gone to the house with drywall mud and trowels and fixed what we had broken. They recieved awards? They should not be awarded OR disciplined in this case. They should have however done a little something to right the wrong. The person who made the final decision that the Khang house was their target....some Intel guy at a desk....should be disciplined. Those officers were just following orders. Maybe a little more background work next time...

Sound of the drums
Beatin' in my heart
The thunder of guns
Tore me apart.
You've been...

THUNDERSTRUCK!
DCSOXD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #64
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14171
The reason for a no-knock warrant is two-fold:

1. Presence of guns in the house....don't give BG's time to grab & shoot you.

2. Prevent the destruction of evidence...after all, if they flush the drugs before you get to them........what's the point?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #65
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 21415
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD 45 View Post
The reason for a no-knock warrant is two-fold:

1. Presence of guns in the house....don't give BG's time to grab & shoot you.
And it's assumed that all houses have guns? Or just suspected drug dealers?

This Veteran is heavily medicated for your safety.

A lot not alot or allot
Threw, through, thru know the difference.
Your, you're
An or and
There, their, they're

Homonyms work sheet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

List of homonyms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Cannibul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:45 AM   #66
XDTalk 4K Member

(Another article on this story w/ 911 call)

Botched Raid on Innocent Family Earns Cops Merit Badges

<SMALL> <!-- by Radley Balko --></SMALL>Last December, I posted about a botched SWAT raid on an innocent Minnesota family. Acting on bad information from an informant, the police threw flash grenades though the family’s windows, then exchanged gunfire with Vang Khang, who mistook the police for criminal intruders. Seven months later, no one in the police department has been held accountable for the mistakes leading up to the raid.

However, this week Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan and Mayor R.T. Rybak did give the raiding officers medals and commendations for their bravery in nearly killing Vang Khang, his wife, and their six children.

Said Chief Dolan while handing out the hardware:
"The easy decision would have been to retreat under covering fire. The team did not take the easy way out," Dolan told the crowd. "This is a perfect example of a situation that could have gone horribly wrong, but did not because of the professionalism with which it was handled."
This is really beyond outrage. The city of Minneapolis is commending and rewarding its police officers for firing their weapons at innocent people. A family of eight was terrorized, assaulted, and nearly killed, and it’s the "perfect example" of a situation that could have gone wrong?

It’s not the first time this kind of thing has happened, either. In November 2006, a Baltimore County, Maryland police officer was given an award for shooting Cheryl Lynn Noel, a mother of two gunned down in her nightgown when she grabbed a gun after mistaking the raiding police officers for criminal intruders. The officer then shot Noel a second time from point blank range. That award came shortly after the Noel family filed a civil suit against Baltimore County.

MORE: Listen to the 911 call from Khang’s wife here. Note how long it takes for the police to finally identify themselves.

ΜΟΛΩΝ
ΛΑΒΕ
Old 08-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #67
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22741
i think the fact that you guys are trying to point-out/reason/argue (whatever it may be) with alaskan-super-hero is going to get you guys no where. he's a po po...

(dwight k. schrute) questions.... i listen to rock, punk, metal, rap, hip-hop, r&b, jazz, classical and some international music... umm what does that make me? a wannabe thug b/c i like rap and hip-hop. i must have a gat on me and some drugs, po po is always trying to bring me down!

anyhow, i think it's clear that there are good cops bad cops, we all know that. but clearly there is no such thing as a good punk rocker.
thebigx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #68
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 21415
The thing that bothers me most about this is almost any of us would end up dead in this situation.

Bad info is given to SWAT. They execute a "no knock" on the house. Now I have really bad hearing and tend not to wear my hearing aids around the house. Especially early in the morning or in the evening. I hear some ass hat knocking down my front door I am going to come out shooting. And most likely I will get shot and killed. Hopefully NOT before I drop one of the "invaders".

I, as a free citizen and not being a drug dealer have NO reason to suspect that SWAT is going to break down my door and crash into my house FOR ANY REASON. I will automatically assume that any person or group of people that are knocking down my front door at any time of the day are coming in with the intention of doing me harm.

This Veteran is heavily medicated for your safety.

A lot not alot or allot
Threw, through, thru know the difference.
Your, you're
An or and
There, their, they're

Homonyms work sheet

List of homonyms

Cannibul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #69
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibul View Post
And it's assumed that all houses have guns? Or just suspected drug dealers?
No it's not assumed. On our Warrants we have to convince he Judge that there is a good reasonable belief that guns are/will be present in the home. So it's usually reserved for executing drug search warrants or other violent crimes.

In our neck of the woods....it's assumed that every house contains a gun but we can't get a no-knock warrant just because if that.....
Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #70
XDTalk 4K Member

......A New Role for SWAT?????????????

McCain suggests military-style invasion modeled on the surge to control inner city crime

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) spoke to the National Urban League, a group “devoted to empowering African Americans to enter the economic and social mainstream.” When an audience member asked him how he planned to reduce urban crime, McCain praised Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s efforts in New York Cirty before invoking the military’s tactics in Iraq as the model for crime-fighting:
"...And some of those tactics — you mention the war in Iraq — are like that we use in the military. You go into neighborhoods, you clamp down, you provide a secure environment for the people that live there, and you make sure that the known criminals are kept under control. And you provide them with a stable environment and then they cooperate with law enforcement, etc, etc." -John McCain
Now that our military experts advocate approaching the “war on terror” with more policing and intelligence gathering, McCain wants to approach urban policing with more military power.
<!-- post updates would go here in theory -->

ΜΟΛΩΝ
ΛΑΒΕ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
famous swat team screw ups
florida police raid wrong house officer killed
no knock warrant police killed
phoenix swat raid on wrong house
phoenix swat team raid innocent.
policw raid odessa fl
raids on wrong house
swat entry in odessa
swat messes ups
swat raided go to in phoenix az
swat screw up

swat screw ups

swat screwups
swat team goes to wrong house
swat team mess ups

swat team screw ups

Click on a term to search for related topics.