• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Concealed Carry clothing for the very tall.

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry clothing for the very tall. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I did a cursory search of the forum as well as google and didn't turn up much useful information on this... I am 210lbs 6'5" ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Concealed Carry clothing for the very tall.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25242
Concealed Carry clothing for the very tall.

I did a cursory search of the forum as well as google and didn't turn up much useful information on this...

I am 210lbs 6'5" and have an exceptionally long torso. I currently purchase 'tall' size shirts and they can barely be tucked in. Of the ones that I can wear untucked, they come right to my beltline and I'm worried that if I wear these while carrying (my CHL should arrive in a couple of months) that my weapon will show.

Are there any clothiers that you guys know of that have offerings for the longitudinally inclined?

Thanks in advance as any help would be most welcome...

Springfield XD9SC
AK47 - Romy G.
M92 Krink SBR
91/30 Mosin with PU scope
Kawai BL-51
PolsVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 24533
I have this problem too. The perfect clothes I have found are from Nautica. They mainly have tall shirts and the tall are longer than normal tall tees I have come across. My friends and family realized that if I have a nautica shirt on I am carry and if I don't I am not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
slipey76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14292
I'm a shade under 6'6 so I can relate. It isn't easy finding clothes. Especially in the summer. A pocket gun can be really useful b/c you can put it in cargo pants.

When I am not at work, usually I just go with an XXL tee shirt and wear it untucked. Sorry I am not much help, but I haven't found the perfect solution yet.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 22972
I am 6'4" 260

I have found clothes at JCPenneys at their big and tall section. Dillards has a section too. Some brands are better than others that fit so you'll have to look.

I have not ordered from this site but I have heard some positives.

Big and Tall Clothes for Men at KingSize Direct

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

Shhhh! -

NRA membership -

State handgun laws -

Rich States / Poor States - NEW

"Nothing good ever comes from a knock at the door"
UncleBuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:23 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 25607
Take a look at these, they work great for me.

- Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC
ecamp55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26427
Same problem here 6'5'' 270 with a long torso.
I find that the holster really makes the diffrence. I tend to get holsters that ride very high with a good belt like a wilderness tactical instructor belt. I usually wear either a 5 inch 1911 or the springfield XD tactical which is the same overall length.
Usually a T-shirt and a loose fitting button up shirt from the big and tall section. My problem is I dont really need anthing bigger than 1XL-2xL but I do need the extra length.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
Bobby Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 25254
Similar with me, but i am 6-2 and 290lb's - tall shirts are hard to find and my shoulders are so big, a 3x doesn't fit well at times.

When I find something that fits nice, i never put it in the dryer - so it never shrinks.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 6526
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolsVoice View Post
I did a cursory search of the forum as well as google and didn't turn up much useful information on this...

I am 210lbs 6'5" and have an exceptionally long torso. I currently purchase 'tall' size shirts and they can barely be tucked in. Of the ones that I can wear untucked, they come right to my beltline and I'm worried that if I wear these while carrying (my CHL should arrive in a couple of months) that my weapon will show.

Are there any clothiers that you guys know of that have offerings for the longitudinally inclined?

Thanks in advance as any help would be most welcome...
Check out kingsize.com they should have t's long enough and jackets ect. I have the same problem 6'6" and 325lbs , long torso and even longer arms and I dont have any problems finding clothes, they are a little more expensive but have a great selection.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

big and tall concealed carry clothing

big and tall concealed carry vest

big tall concealed carry clothing
ccw clothes for big and tall
concealed carry clothing for big and tall men
concealed carry clothing for tall men

concealed carry clothing tall

concealed carry jacket big and tall
concealed carry jackets big and tall
concealed carry vest big and tall
concealed gun vests big & tall
tall concealed carry shirt
Click on a term to search for related topics.