• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Missouri gun selling person to person help

This is a discussion on Missouri gun selling person to person help within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Anyone here from Missouri, and know what it takes to sell a handgun person to person? I have a guy wanting to buy my XD ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Missouri gun selling person to person help

Old 05-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 23474
Missouri gun selling person to person help

Anyone here from Missouri, and know what it takes to sell a handgun person to person? I have a guy wanting to buy my XD service 9mm, but don't know what it takes to do so.

Any help would be appreciated.

"Where are we going, and what am I doing in this hand basket?"

"My right to own firearms... protects your right to tell me I shouldn't"
SandmanKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23238
hey man all you need to do is sell it to him write out a receipt both of you sign it copy it and you keep the original, that simple. just moved from mo and sold my 1911 just before I left i had the same question so i called sheriffs office.. oh but do make sure hes old enough at least. and be sure to put the guns info on the reciept. you dont really even haave to write all of that out but I'd do it to cover your ass
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. Forbid it O' Mighty God for I know not what course others may take. But as for me, Give me Liberty or give me Death. - Patrick Henry
[/FONT]
RIA 1911 .45ACP
Uberti Millenium .45LC
Rossi 461 .357mag
Heritage SA .22lr/.22mag
Maverick security 88 12ga
Marlin 70 .22lr
Walther P22 .22lr
Savage Mark II .22lr
charlie.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 23474
so, is the age to be able to buy a handgun 21? Nevermind, found the answer... google is great

BTW, thanks for the info

"Where are we going, and what am I doing in this hand basket?"

"My right to own firearms... protects your right to tell me I shouldn't"

Last edited by SandmanKC; 05-20-2008 at 08:23 PM.
SandmanKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:54 AM   #4
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
uhhh....last I heard selling a gun face to face here in MO without an FFL involved was a misdemeanor, if you can keep it quiet for 6 months it runs out and you are good to go. DO make out and keep a receipt so you can prove YOU weren't the guy that shot the gas station clerk lol
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 12963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
uhhh....last I heard selling a gun face to face here in MO without an FFL involved was a misdemeanor, if you can keep it quiet for 6 months it runs out and you are good to go. DO make out and keep a receipt so you can prove YOU weren't the guy that shot the gas station clerk lol
Mo used to require a sheriff obtained PTA (permit to acquire). It has been repealed. All that is required in MO now for a FTF handgun sale (or long gun for that matter) is for 2 people to meet, money changes hands followed by firearm changing hands and usually a handshake. Just as it should be.

A bill of sale is recommended to protect both parties from future liability but not required.

Also, suppressors are going to be allowed for personal ownership as of Aug 28 following the bill being signed by the Gov.
griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23238
Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post
Mo used to require a sheriff obtained PTA (permit to acquire). It has been repealed. All that is required in MO now for a FTF handgun sale (or long gun for that matter) is for 2 people to meet, money changes hands followed by firearm changing hands and usually a handshake. Just as it should be.

A bill of sale is recommended to protect both parties from future liability but not required.

Also, suppressors are going to be allowed for personal ownership as of Aug 28 following the bill being signed by the Gov.
+1 as i said it's all very easy now i checked the sheriffs office the highway patrol and the military pro shop(not in that order) this last feb before selling my 1911 to my neighbor.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. Forbid it O' Mighty God for I know not what course others may take. But as for me, Give me Liberty or give me Death. - Patrick Henry
[/FONT]
RIA 1911 .45ACP
Uberti Millenium .45LC
Rossi 461 .357mag
Heritage SA .22lr/.22mag
Maverick security 88 12ga
Marlin 70 .22lr
Walther P22 .22lr
Savage Mark II .22lr
charlie.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:38 AM   #7
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post

Correct on all counts.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
can i trade my gun privately in missouri

how to sell a gun in missouri

how to sell a gun privately in missouri
how to sell a handgun in missouri
missouri law on selling personal handgun
seel a used gun in missouri
selling a firearm in missouir
selling a firearm in missouri

selling a gun in missouri

selling a handgun in missouri
the proper way to sell a firearm in mo
what is needed to sell a pistol in missouri
Click on a term to search for related topics.