• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Best way to Transport Gun Safe?

This is a discussion on Best way to Transport Gun Safe? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Well, I need to run over to Academy Sports and pick up a Cannon safe. My question is for those that have done this before ...

Old 05-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 7648
Best way to Transport Gun Safe?

Well, I need to run over to Academy Sports and pick up a Cannon safe. My question is for those that have done this before or something similar. Should I have them put it in the truck bed or should I bring along a smaller tilt trailer? Will they place this in a vertical or horizontal position?

I know this weights in at 530 pounds and will be a job getting it off the truck or trailer. Any worthwhile ideas would be great.

Kent
Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 23351
I just got a safe a few weeks ago, and used a Furnature dolly to help move it around. Never a bad thing to own, and has oh so many uses. There was no way I could move the 260 lbs safe myself without it.

Taurus bi-tone PT-111 millenium(9mm)
SA XD-9 with Trijicon
SA XD-40sc
Ruger Secutity-Six 4" Bicentenial model(.357)
Spikes Tactical AR-15 (5.56/.223)
jblakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13107
Also, keep in mind, a good portion of the weight will be in the door. If you can pull the door off and move the two pieces seperately, you will save yourself a lot of trouble.
YOUR HONOR STUDENT IS MERELY A PAWN IN MY PIT BULL'S WORLD DOMINATION PLOT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
SpringfieldXD.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblakk View Post
I just got a safe a few weeks ago, and used a Furnature dolly to help move it around. Never a bad thing to own, and has oh so many uses. There was no way I could move the 260 lbs safe myself without it.
I have a smaller one, and have use of a large one. My main concern is getting it off the truck or tailer.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
XDTalk 4K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD.40 View Post
Also, keep in mind, a good portion of the weight will be in the door. If you can pull the door off and move the two pieces seperately, you will save yourself a lot of trouble.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Now there is a jem of wisdom.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4980
You might ask the dealer for a name of someone who does this kind of moving. Might cost you some more money but I think your toes and fingers will thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
cjive134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #7
XDTalk 4K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjive134 View Post
You might ask the dealer for a name of someone who does this kind of moving. Might cost you some more money but I think your toes and fingers will thank you.
I am sure it would cost me some big money. I will drive over 50 miles to get it. I live way, way out in the sticks.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

I'm not sure how much my safe weighs (it is fairly large), but when I moved mine (twice) all I needed was a buddy, a dolly, and the door off and we were good to go. It is still a bit of work, but nothing too horrible.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD.40 View Post
I'm not sure how much my safe weighs (it is fairly large), but when I moved mine (twice) all I needed was a buddy, a dolly, and the door off and we were good to go. It is still a bit of work, but nothing too horrible.
Wanted to add that both times it was moved in a moving truck, and was done so in a horizontal position. Also, lay an old blanket or something under it when you lay it down, this will help with any sliding you may need to do before standing it up.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 18091
Myself and three buddies just delivered my new safe earlier this year with a pickup truck and an appliance dolly. Had to go down two flights of stairs to the basement. Went without a hitch - bought them lunch and saved $200 on delivery.

Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary.
Gen. A. M. Gray, USMC Commandant of the Marine Corps

bat1159man is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

best way to haul a gun safe

best way to haul a safe
best way to haul gun safe

best way to transport a gun safe

can a gun safe be moved on back
can a gun safe be transported on its back
can stack-on gun safes be transported laying down?
can the redhead gun safe be transported laying down

can you lay a gun safe on its back

can you lay a gun safe on its side
hauling a gun safe

how to haul a gun safe

how to transport a gun safe

how to transport a safe
transporting gun safe
transporting gun safes
Click on a term to search for related topics.