• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Golden Rod Gunsaver Dehumidifier....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Golden Rod Gunsaver Dehumidifier....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I just installed this baby in my new safe. But the way they have the cord is rediculous. Instead of a standard AC plug in ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Golden Rod Gunsaver Dehumidifier....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14198
Question Golden Rod Gunsaver Dehumidifier....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just installed this baby in my new safe. But the way they have the cord is rediculous. Instead of a standard AC plug in for feeding the wire through the small hole in your safe, they have this weird 2 pronged deal that is supposed to go through two holes in the wire. One positive and one negative. Anyway, they make contact and heat the rod.
My questions are, have any of you guys ever had problems getting the prongs to make contact? I installed it and went out to dinner for an hour or two and came home to find that the rod was still cold to the touch. Is this normal? Or should it be warm to the touch? I assumed it would be at least a little warmer than the rest of the safe. But no, I even tried making sure that these prongs had a clear path to the wire before I went to dinner. But it's still cold. So I need help, suggestions and even pictures if any of you have time. Anything that can help me make this thing work.
I really don't know of anyway to test to see if it is working, other than touching the rod. So any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Last edited by HPD SRT; 04-18-2008 at 09:42 PM.
HPD SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 2714
It should be warm, almost hot to the touch. I have two in my gun closet. What I also have is this:Walmart.com : WindChaser Compact Dehumidifier : Appliances

It is awesome and if you live in a humid area, it is perfect. Small, etc.

OS
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Thanks. Did you ever have any issues with the wires on your GR? I mean the prongs making contact that is?

Old 04-19-2008, 03:24 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Got it never mind. Wow such a long post for me just to fix it myself..........

Old 04-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 14657
The golden rod is the way to go..and it will be hot to the touch..but it does work..

Gun-Works.com is wholly owned subsidiary of Tennessee Holster Company, LLC
-

-

-

-
(Gun Belts, Money Belts, embossed Belts)
-
Houseboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Thanks. Yeah It's hot now I think I had it plugged into a socket that wasn't getting power on my power strip....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

cannon gunsaver dehumidifier

golden rod dehumidifier get really hot
gunsaver dehumidifier rods

how hot should a dehimidifier for a gun safe be

how hot should a goldenrod get

how to install a golden rod dehumidifier

how to install goldenrod dehumidifier

how to install goldenrod in safe
how warm should a safe dehumidifier

how warm should your safe be with a goldenrod

installing a golden rod

installing goldenrod

installing goldenrod in safe

safesaver dehumidifier rod hot?
should a cannon dehumidifier get hot?
will a golden rod dehumidifier work in the cold
Click on a term to search for related topics.