• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Benadryl Hangover

This is a discussion on Benadryl Hangover within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Anyone else ever get the Benadryl Hangover? I had a doozy of an allergy problem yesterday and took two last night about 10:00. I drug ...

Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 7046
Benadryl Hangover

Anyone else ever get the Benadryl Hangover? I had a doozy of an allergy problem yesterday and took two last night about 10:00. I drug my butt out of bed at 9:45 this morning and have been in a dull daze ever since. Even after the hour and a half nap I took. Benadryl always does this to me, but I just keep taking it. So, anyone does anyone else ever have thier butt kicked by the little pink pill?

JeffXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
Go to the pharmacy and pick up a box of sleeping pills and compare the active ingredient in that with Benadryl. Its the same thing
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16039
Nyquil, yes. I took a full dose one night to try and get some sleep. The next morning, it was like I was drunk. Walking around in the dark was unsteady, and I just wanted to go back to bed, but couldn't because I had to go to work. All day, I was in some sort of fog or haze.

Now I have gone back to a half dose.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22837
The best thing for a hangover is the hair of the dog. Chug more as soon as you wake up.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23429
I cannot take benadryl for that reason.. I feel like utter crap when I wake up in the morning and cannot get going or even have the motivation to get ready..

I just take a daytime antihistamine but it never seems to work as well but I dont get that benadryl sleepy feeling in the morning..

Springfield XD40 Service w/ Trijicon yellow/green sights, XDGuys trigger kit, Polished Barrel/Guide Rod
Springfield XD40 Sub Compact in OD Green
Ruger M77 .243
Browning A-Bolt .243 (Belgium made)
SKS 7.62x39mm
Djwurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 21679
rpsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21693
Did you read the small print: "Do not operate heavy machinery or shoot your XD while on Benadryl."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Old 02-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
I don't take Benedryl, but I do give it to my mutt when she decides to be too active at night, keeping me awake. Works like a charm.
Mercmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #9
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 21433
i don't take cold medicines for the sole fact that i end up feeling like a zombie...ibuprofen goes a long way...

afmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Yes, I know the feeling. A dopey, spaced out tired feeling that drags on most of the working day. Hated it.

You'll only take Benedryl ONCE before you go to work. Then...you'll realize that its great right before bed...but terrible if you have a day full of serious things to do.

- Brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

benadryl hangover

benadryl hangover cure
benadryl hangover effect
benadryl hangover fix
benadryl hangover symptoms
benedryl hangover
diphenhydramine hangover
diphenhydramine hangover cure
hangover from benadryl
how long does a benadryl hangover last
how to get rid of a benadryl hangover
how to get rid of benadryl hangover
Click on a term to search for related topics.