• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glock's Internal Locking System...

This is a discussion on Glock's Internal Locking System... within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Does anyone know if this internal locking system would interfere with the function of the pistol even if it was not engaged? Id hate to ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Glock's Internal Locking System...

Old 06-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5170
Glock's Internal Locking System...

Does anyone know if this internal locking system would interfere with the function of the pistol even if it was not engaged? Id hate to purchase a firearm that could get me killed when the SHTF
pd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 1119
PD 40,

The glock assy has two locks or safties if you will. One is the trigger safty itself and the other is the striker stop in the slide. Both could be removed and the gun will fire without issue. I think be safe is appropriate here, and be very carefull.
dyferant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5170
the internal lock I am refering to is the one that requires a key, and is found on the bottom of the grip just behind the magazine well
pd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2303
Here's how the lock works: there is a shaft that's connected to the lock cylinder. The shaft protrudes up through the grip frame into the bottom of the trigger mechanism housing.

When you turn the key, the shaft turns and blocks or unblocks the trigger mechanism. In "blocked" mode, a metal tab protrudes from the backstrap of the gun to serve as a tactile indicator.

While locked, magazines can be inserted or removed, and the slide can be operated normally. The only difference is the trigger can't be pulled.

As to your original question, any additional safety mechanism increases the chance that something could break and render the gun inoperable.

I haven't personally heard of anything like this happening, but I don't think there are very many Glocks at all that are equipped with this safety system. They've only been making it since '02 or thereabouts.
ken_mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 1119
my bad, I havnt had a chance to see one yet.
dyferant is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
glock 21 internal locking system

glock ils

glock ils safety
glock ils system
glock internal lock

glock internal locking system

glock internal locking system safety feature

glock internal safety lock

glock safety ils
glock with ils
internal glock lock
internal key locking system

internal locking system

internal locking system (ils
internal locking system (ils)
internal locking system (ils) safety feature
Click on a term to search for related topics.