• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Accidental shooting at Pittsburgh gun show saturday....

This is a discussion on Accidental shooting at Pittsburgh gun show saturday.... within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Verm many gun shows have the guns laying on the table in the open for anyone to just pick up and handle. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Accidental shooting at Pittsburgh gun show saturday....

Old 05-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #11
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verm
many gun shows have the guns laying on the table in the open for anyone to just pick up and handle. It would have been real easy to pop a live round in the chamber and set it back down for the next person to pick up. This is the kind of stuff that happens when people get lax around guns though. At least it will be a reminder for the next few shows.
That to me, seems like the most logical answer. If the dealer/seller had his/her weopons on a display table for buyers to look at and handle.. some wierdo could have slipped a live round in easilly enough. Pretty funny joke...

Raymond

~Abraham Lincoln~
Captain Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 5558
Anti gunners strategy! Just like there strategy to poison gun dogs in the field, squirt water and/or piss at bowhunters in there deer stands with super soakers,etc., etc..... I don't know if it was an anti gunner that did this at the show but it would not suprise me if it was. i also would not be suprised if you found it as a normal or suggested strategy for these groups in a newsletter or blog or something, it is not like they hide there agendas or tactics from anyone.
1,500 gallons of chemical weapons agents
17 chemical warheads containing cyclosarin
Over 1,000 radioactive materials in powdered form
Roadside bombs with mustard and conventional sarin gas
USMC-PRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 5171
for that case some wacko could have a magazine for the pistol they are picking up loaded full and go all out on people not a good place to keep guns with tons of people walking around.....
Old 05-18-2005, 01:11 PM   #14
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5909
Re: Accidental shooting at Pittsburgh gun show saturday....

Quote:
On a lighter note... I saw a decent amount of XD's there... no super deals though... it seems like the price of them is going up.
Actually, this is kinda good. Rising price usually means a steady demand. The more popular our favorite pistol becomes, the more respect it well get.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:49 PM   #15
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired
Manygunner, I am guessing you made a typo error when you said, "...the guy who got shot is a moron..." since he was at a different vendor's table when he got shot. You meant the shooter I believe and you are so right in what you said re the violation of gun safety.

Well, as an aftermath of this, besides the bad publicity for the show by the gun haters, there probably be a law suit against the shooter, vendor and definitely the gun show; the latter two being the deep pockets type the lawyers like to go after. Thankfully he wasn't seriously hurt.
You are right, I did. My mistake. I retract the part on the victim. The guy doing the gun handling and the merchant should be nailed to a wall though.
CZ-75B
CZ-85 Combat
CZ-452
HK USP Compact
Walther P99
XD-9 Service
XD-9 Tactical
Glock 17
Taurus PT-92 AR
Taurus .44 Mag
Mossberg 500A
Remington 870
AR-15 16\" fluted
AMD-65
Dragunov SVD
STG-58
manygunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:12 PM   #16
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 5873
wtf is the matter with these people

to day ago talking with a shooting friend
he asked to look at my xd no problem dropped the mag check chamber handed it to him
fist thing he did was.....
...... recheck the chamber

this is not rocket science

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
.40-.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:01 AM   #17
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 2505
So, is this actually an accidental shooting?

Not a "negligent discharge" this time?

[TASF]Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:56 AM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 4294
How sad and stupid. We wonder why we have to fight harder and harder to keep our gun rights. I would never even dry fire a gun unless (I) check the gun to make sure it is not loaded and then you still dry fire pointing away from everything. The gun safety rules people donít give these stupid anti gunners any ammo. I am all for banning guns for stupid people but since stupid is debatable than

We just had a gun show last weekend (many in prior months) and they zip tie down all the actions. There are some guns that are not zip tied and on the table but when ever you ask to see them the seller always checks the chamber. Then I check the chamber cause stupidity runs rampant in our society.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. It seems like a stupid vendor that didnít check all his guns. This is harder to believe than some stupid kid that thought it would be funny or some worthless anti gunner who does not care who gets hurt as long as their cause is advanced. There are no accidental discharges only neglectful ones. I am glad that no one was hurt badly or killed.
attackrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 1578
I love this quote from the newspaper article:

"It appears as though one customer at a vendor's table was looking at a 9 mm pistol, and it fired," said Sgt. Larry Lyons, of the Monroeville Police Department. "It struck another customer that happened to be standing at another vendor's table."

Yeah right, he was just LOOKING at it and it went off. A guns always loaded even when you *know* it's not. Don't ever point it at anything you're not willing to put a hole in. How hard is that???
mengelmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:18 AM   #20
XDTalk Member

Member #: 3628
Yeah and I think they got it wrong that it was a 9mm.... I'm almost dead certain it was a .22.... it was really quiet and his leg woulda been messed up worse than it was with a 9mm.
Remington 700 BDL .243
Remington 870 Wingmaster
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
gun show in pittsburgh
gun show in pittsburgh pa
gun show pgh

gun show pittsburgh

gun shows in pittsburgh
gun shows near pittsburgh
gun shows near pittsburgh pa

gun shows pittsburgh

gun shows pittsburgh pa
gunshow pittsburgh
pgh gun show

pittsburgh gun show

pittsburgh gun show dates
pittsburgh gun show deals

pittsburgh gun shows

the pittsburgh gun show
Click on a term to search for related topics.