• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

CCW Range Qualifications

This is a discussion on CCW Range Qualifications within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I was just wondering if some of you CCW holders who took CCW classes prior to obtaining your permit would relate the specifics of your ...

Old 08-07-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 19790
CCW Range Qualifications

I was just wondering if some of you CCW holders who took CCW classes prior to obtaining your permit would relate the specifics of your range qualifications.

Target size, distance, required hits, number of try's, caliber you used, etc.

Cheers!

Last edited by aphexafx; 08-07-2007 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Fixed text.
aphexafx is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-07-2007, 01:18 AM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 4732
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexafx View Post
I was just wondering if some of you CCW holders who took CCW classes prior to obtaining your permit would relate the specifics of your range qualifications.fficeffice" /><O></O>
<O></O>

Cheers!
In Florida, you had to demonstrate that you knew which end of the gun the bullet exits.

IIRC (been a while), we took five shots down range with each hand (single handed) and five shots with a two hand hold. Don't believe it was necessary to hit the target (which was maybe 3 yards away). Any gun, any caliber....a borrowed gun is fine.

Peace,
D.
Delija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 15940
I have the Utah permit. Shooting was done at 7 yards at a bullseye target that measured about 12x10 inches. Required to place 25 rounds on the paper. If you got 5 holes in the two inch bullseye, you could stop. No limit on how many shots you could take as long as you ended up with 25 in the end.

The sad thing was some people showed up for the class with a brand new gun they had never shot (this was the FIRST TIME some had even fired a gun) and they just kept shooting until they had met the requirement! I am sure that some of these people are now packing and the shooting we did that night was the last, and for some ONLY, time they have fired their firearm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
MasLakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 9890
Hey, at least they have FIRED these guns.

I've seen people strap on a brand new gun and walk around having never fired it. Growing up, my friends dad bought a handgun and all he did was practice pulling it out in the mirror, never fired it ONCE.

I Pity The Fool!
Tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
In Ohio, you only need to "prove proficiency"

Every instructer leaves that up to thei own inturpretation
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 15324
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexafx View Post
I was just wondering if some of you CCW holders who took CCW classes prior to obtaining your permit would relate the specifics of your range qualifications.

Cheers!

Well I just took my CCW Class on Sunday.. I got 100% on the written test, and 100% and best in class on the range out of 40 people. My father and I were the only people there with the XD....We both used the XD 9mm Subcompact( I had my XML light on mine while shooting. We had to fire a total of 48 rounds, 6 rounds then a reload, 6 rounds then a reload, & so on.(You get it!). 18 rounds @ 10'-----18 rounds @ 20'------12 rounds @ 30' The ONLY requirement was you hit 33 rounds out of 48 rounds anywhere on the black outline of the silhouette.(The actual body). MOST PEOPLE just aimed DEAD CENTER. I Dome some HEAD SHOTS. Made a little SMILIE FACE.

CCW --JUST PASSED! 100% Best in Class!!!

648 rounds through my XD9 Sub Compact to date..

-----------------------------------------------------------
I got my holster from

Last edited by THE SCARECROW; 08-07-2007 at 10:19 AM.
THE SCARECROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 11150
Kansas- TQ-15 target, 5 rounds one handed at 3 yards, 10 rounds freestyle at 7 yards, 10 rounds freestyle at 10 yards. Must have 20 of 25 within the larger of the two scoring rectangles. Any caliber allowed. I used my XD9SC.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 15306
Texas CHL

Range Qualifications for <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:state w:st="on">Texas</st1:state></st1lace> <st1:stockticker w:st="on">CHL</st1:stockticker>
A total of 50 rounds are fired during the course of the qualification test. A score of 70%, or 175 points of a possible 250, is required to pass. The target used is a TX-PT which is a human-shaped silhouette target measuring 45 by 24 inches. All shooting is from the ready position, which means the gun is already in your hands and aimed in. No holster shooting or shooting from concealed is required.

Course of Fire:

3 yard line - 20 shots:

1 shot in 2 seconds, 5 times
2 shots in 3 seconds, 5 times
5 shots in 10 seconds, once

7 yard line - 20 shots:

5 shots in 10 seconds, once
1 shot in 3 seconds, 5 times
2 shots in 4 seconds, once
3 shots in 6 seconds, once
5 shots in 15 seconds, once

15 yard line - 10 shots:

2 shots in 6 seconds, once
3 shots in 9 seconds, once
5 shots in 15 seconds, once
zac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 19298
TX 50 shots, Silouette target, all shots need to be in the 8, 9, 0 ring. 7 ring still counts but not for full points. Off the silouette doesn't count.
IHasanXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 15306
Questions

My sister is thinking of getting her CHL, she is small like 5'0" and the only pistol I have is a 40cal service should I just get a 9mm conversion barrel or should she get something smaller like a .380 ? Any recommendations would help
zac07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

ccw qualifications

ccw qualify on range
ccw qualifying distance
ccw shooting distances for colorado
ccw target qualification

ccw target size

concelaed carry qualification test kansas hit on targets
kentucky ccdw marine rifle qualification distance
ohio ccw range qualifications
qualifying range requirements for ohio ccw permit
what are the range qualifications for ccw in ohio
what size target is used for sccwp qualifing
Click on a term to search for related topics.