• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

help needed, gun cabinet locked, keys lost

This is a discussion on help needed, gun cabinet locked, keys lost within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Ok, here's the situation. I went out of town and I took my keys to my gun cabinet with me, instead of keeping them locked ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » help needed, gun cabinet locked, keys lost

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 8041
help needed, gun cabinet locked, keys lost

Ok, here's the situation. I went out of town and I took my keys to my gun cabinet with me, instead of keeping them locked inside my pistol safe like I usually did. I figured since I would be gone for a good amount of time, I didn't want the keys being left in the apartment. But now, I've either misplaced the keys or they are just gone forever. Whatever the case is, I cannot find them to save my life.

My gun cabinet is a sentry, the cheaper thin walled type. Just like the cheap stack-on ones you can get. It has the tubular key lock. Aside from destroying the cabinet by cutting it open, what else can I do? Can a locksmith open this type of lock? And even if they can, how on earth can I get new keys for it? I don't even know where the paper went that had my key code on it. I have a feeling i'm SOL either way. If I can't get new keys for it, then it's useless and I'd just waste money having a locksmith open it for me. I'd be better off to just destroy it to open it and purchase a new one.. that's assuming I can't get keys for it and I never find my keys.
Remove Ads
Old 01-03-2007, 02:16 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 6253
I'd call the local locksmith and then the safe manufacturer. You definitely arent the first one to do this and I'm sure one of them knows what to do.

Good luck!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13052
I have seen kits for picking tubular locks in some magazines so I'm sure a locksmith could get it open for you, maybe the lock code (4 digit like a tool box?) is stamped on the back of the lock?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:36 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 11600
I have one like yours.
I'm not sure but I think I remember reading in the Manuel that the key code is on the back on a sticker or stamped in the metal.
Give the company a call if you can. To find out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Old 01-03-2007, 03:02 AM   #5
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 2714
RUDY is correct. Most safes will have a code that you can give to the MANU and they will send you a new key.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:42 AM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 12708
same thing happend to me a few years ago....

I had 2 keys for it, lost one and couldnt find the other. Being my lucky self, I searched for about 7 hours straight and found 1 pair

hope everything works out!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
I used to have a nice wodden gun display case but lost the keys to it. I ended up selling it at a garage sale for 25.00 and while helping a guy load it into his van, the drawer fell open and the keys materialized...lol.

Good luck, I would call the manufacture.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 01-03-2007, 07:50 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14335
There is very easy way to pick many cheap tubular locks made more than a year or two ago. If that doesn't work, there is a moderately easily way to try as well.

It is worth a try, so I'll PM you.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 12989
Call a locksmith, they can definately open it, but if you want to try picking it go for it first, just remember that picking locks requires a certain amount of "finesse"
Old 01-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
RUDY is correct. Most safes will have a code that you can give to the MANU and they will send you a new key.
+1
Call the manufacturer first and be prepared to give your serial number and/or code from the safe and explain your predicament.

If possible get two keys and keep one where it won't ever be lost or stolen. Safety deposit boxes are great for that.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
how to open a gun cabinet without the key
how to open a sentinel gun safe without a key
how to pick a stack on safe lock
how to unlock a gun safe without key
how to unlock a stack on gun safe without a key
lost key to gun cabinet
open medicine cab without key
pick lock on a stack on gun cabinet
remove lock in stack on gun cabinets
sentinel gun cabinet replacement keys

sentinel gun safe replacement key

sentinel gun safe replacement lock
sentinel safe replacement key
stack on gun safe lock pickong
stack on gun safe replacement key
stack on safe pick lock 641010
Click on a term to search for related topics.