• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

HD gun hiding ideas

This is a discussion on HD gun hiding ideas within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; This is probably something a lot of people don't want to divulge, but I figured I'd post anyway to see if the discussion sparks any ...

Old 11-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 10789
HD gun hiding ideas

This is probably something a lot of people don't want to divulge, but I figured I'd post anyway to see if the discussion sparks any ideas. My XD40 SC is currently my "bedside" gun, but I'm hoping to get an 18" 870 Express in the near future to supplement it. So now I'm posed with the dilemma of finding a place to keep the 870 that is both well hidden but quickly accessible. There are no children in my house, but there may be times when there are, plus I don't want it to be easily found by a crook. Anyone have any creative ideas?
benhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-22-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4469
best one I ever saw was a guy made fake pillars in the corners of the bedroom w/ some oak planks. He set the one farthest from the door up so it could swing and he kept his shotgun and a cordless phone in it.

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.
- Mark Twain
aiformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
At my old house I cut a hole in the wall above my bed from stud to stud and then using the piece of drywall that was removed, made a shelf in there. I then placed my handgun in there and then hung a decorative picure over it. To hide my long guns, I cut a section out in the closet in the same fashion but longer verticaly, I then backed up the edge of the drywall that I removed and screwed hinges to it. When the "door" was closed, it was mighty hard to see. Sliding a trench coat over to that side fo the closet helped to camo it even more.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 7959
Well from all the home invasions in my area. My neighbor who has the other half of our duplex town home whatever you call it was broken into and nothing taken. However my other buddy who lives two houses down had his shotgun stolen out of his bedroom. So now my 11 month old sons crib is in my bedroom so the shotgun is locked up and i use my p95 as my bedside gun while i lock my xd in a pistol safe. It is hard to say what to do with a shotgun. If it is easily accessible for you then it is usually accessible to a thief. You could always try to rig up a fake baseboard heater and store it in that. Just have the front flip down to access the shotgun and line it with felt or foam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
speedracer211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 11814
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiformula
best one I ever saw was a guy made fake pillars in the corners of the bedroom w/ some oak planks. He set the one farthest from the door up so it could swing and he kept his shotgun and a cordless phone in it.
Dude, why is your pillar ringing?

Sorry - couldn't resist
Caribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12098
great thread... hope more people chime in.

jmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 7708
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhar
This is probably something a lot of people don't want to divulge, but I figured I'd post anyway to see if the discussion sparks any ideas. My XD40 SC is currently my "bedside" gun, but I'm hoping to get an 18" 870 Express in the near future to supplement it. So now I'm posed with the dilemma of finding a place to keep the 870 that is both well hidden but quickly accessible. There are no children in my house, but there may be times when there are, plus I don't want it to be easily found by a crook. Anyone have any creative ideas?
put a small long gun rack mounted the the back of the bedroom door, put a hook above it and hang a plush long robe on the hook so it drapes over the shotgun.....the only thing giving it away is the weight of the door, cheap, hidden, easy access.......
Old 11-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 8785
Yes, tell us where you hide your guns and then tell us your addresses...

I was anti-Obama when Anti-Obama wasn't cool. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.-- Glen Aldrich

The wealthiest nation in the world with the mightiest army man has ever assembled could not stop them.

PackerfanXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 3457
With the way box springs are made today, most are not even springs any more. It seems most are just boxes with some pine framing and padded fabric on them. That being the case I have thought about cutting a slit in the fabric on the side of the springless box and sliding my shotgun in it. Probably could do something to the opening to velcro it or something so that it isn't so evident.

There is no sense in being stupid, if you can't prove it
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 10515
http://www.securitysafeusa.com/gunsa...fes_hc1854.htm

http://www.securityandsafetysupply.c...ms/vline-1.htm

In wall rifle/shotgun safe

NRA Member
IDPA Member--Wilson Combat CQB (CDP)
USPSA Member--New XD 9 Tac & G34 (Production ) IPSC Open Major--STI Trubor Grandmaster
CCW's: -- XD-45 ACP 4" with Truglo TFO's & M6 Laser/Light --Kimber Tactical Pro II, ...Many More
Nerves is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
creative gun hiding places

creative gun storage

creative gun storage ideas

gun hiding ideas

gun hiding techniques in home

gun storage ideas
hidden gun ideas

hidden gun storage ideas

hiding a firearm bedside
home rifle storage ideas
ideas for bedside gun
where to hide guns
Click on a term to search for related topics.