• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Another LEO killed by bank robbers in MS

This is a discussion on Another LEO killed by bank robbers in MS within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; One officer dead and one wounded during response to bank robbery in Tupelo Mississippi. Please pray for wounded officer and the families of both officers. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Another LEO killed by bank robbers in MS

Old 12-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 75261
Another LEO killed by bank robbers in MS

One officer dead and one wounded during response to bank robbery in Tupelo Mississippi. Please pray for wounded officer and the families of both officers.

I would not cry a tear if the murderers resisted arrest and lost their lives. Save the taxpayers some money. We all know there are some crappy cops but most are not. A sad example of why they trust no one especially on traffic stops.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-suspects?lite=

Mississippi cop slain, partner wounded by bank robbery suspects

TUPELO, Miss. — Suspected bank robbers shot a policeman dead and wounded a second officer as they made their getaway after a hold up, police in Mississippi said.
The suspects were still at large in the early hours of Tuesday and NBC affiliate WTVA reported that a $100,000 reward was being offered for information that could help solve the case.
It said Monday's shooting could have marked the first death of a police officer in the line of duty in at least 29 years in Tupelo, some 170 miles northeast of Jackson.
Tupelo Police Chief Bart Aguirre confirmed that 38-year-old police Cpl. Gale Stauffer died at about 3:45 p.m. after being shot at close range by one of the suspects on a busy downtown street.
Advertise | AdChoices

Stauffer, who was married with two young children, had joined the force in 2005.
Another officer, 26 years of age but whose name was not given, was listed in critical condition at a local hospital, Aguirre said.
"It's just tragic. It's just so much worse when it's this close to home," Tupelo Mayor Jason Shelton told WTVA.
"This is a day that no family, no law enforcement agency or city wants to endure."
Details were murky. The two officers were shot as they confronted two or three robbery suspects who had been fleeing from police in a car after holding up a nearby BancorpSouth branch, the chief said.
It was not clear how much money was taken or the type of weapons used in the hold up or in the exchange of gunfire with police.
Numerous people witnessed the shooting, many watching from their vehicles or through the windows of nearby shops and restaurants. Police detectives and FBI agents were interviewing many of them, Aguirre said.

'Free Speech Zones" confuse Obamaphone owners who roam streets in search of additional air minutes
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
srcphoto

Member #:
Prayers for the families of those brave men....
Old 12-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 77463
Do we have descriptions of the suspects we are supposed to be on the lookout for?????
Butterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
Prayers sent
Old 12-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 77463
Okay since no one knows I did a Google search..... here's one of them at least......,

Authorities are looking for a thin male suspect between 5'9″ and six feet tall, with light complexion and possibly African-American. He was last seen wearing khaki or cargo-style pants, white Converse tennis shoes, a long-sleeved jacket and a blue ski mask.
Butterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 96673
Prayers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now." - Clark Griswold
doodledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 31126
In this other source, the description is Black, 6'3" Carhartt hoddie, blue jeans, ski mask. Could be the second suspect. Also, the vehicle could be a rental Dodge Stratus. They call it Dark Grey...to me, this would be Maximum Steel Metalic. Based on the description given and the security camera photo, it could be a late model Dodge Stratus with Maximum Steel Metalic (dark grey) paint. The body shape could also be that of a 2005 Stratus.
"Investigators are looking for a black man, approximately 6 foot 3 inches tall. He was wearing a Carhartt hoodie, blue jeans, and a ski mask. They are also searching for a dark gray Dodge Stratus that they believe to be the getaway vehicle."
$100k reward offered for information on suspect who killed Tupel - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

A second news source says, "Scanner reports mentioned a 6-foot, black male wearing a brown jacket and a blue ski cap. He is believed to be heavily armed, according to the scanner." Black, 6', brown jacket, blue ski cap.
Also, "McMullen said information on the suspect is preliminary and the investigation is ongoing. The suspect is believed to be left handed, he said, and witnesses have identified the person’s accent as being unique.
He is believed to have been wearing khaki or cargo pants, white Converse-type shoes, a long-sleeve jacket with a possible “Aztec” design and a blue ski mask." Left handed, unique accent, khaki cargo pants, white convers shoes, long-sleeve jacket, blue ski-mask
There may be a second vehicle as well. "Authorities also said multiple suspects were believed to have left the Carnation Street scene in a white Yukon SUV." This is from:
UPDATE: Police officer shot, killed pursuing bank robbery suspects | Daily Journal

I hope they catch these filthy animals! I hope they put up a fight and go down in a hail of fire...and all of their shots miss, of course.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government ~ Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined. ~George Washington

We are a free people living under a republic of our own construction. We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. ~Kevin D. Williamson

NRA
katokahn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 80807
This is very sad they need to catch them yahoo.
1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #9
bub
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 60678
Prayers for the men and their families.
bub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 90275
Very bad news, espically during the Christmas season. Thoughts and prayers to the LEO family.
Concord4826 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

how likely are they to catch the bank robbers that killed a cop in tupelo ms

tupelo bank robbery, how much money lost, police officer killed

Click on a term to search for related topics.