• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

72 Killed in Boston Resisting Gun Confiscation

This is a discussion on 72 Killed in Boston Resisting Gun Confiscation within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston! Boston – National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » 72 Killed in Boston Resisting Gun Confiscation

Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
72 Killed in Boston Resisting Gun Confiscation

Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston!

Boston – National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.
Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.
Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.
The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.
One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”
Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.
During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.
Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.
Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.
Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.
Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.
And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.
On July 4th, 1776 these same extremists signed the Declaration of Independence, pledging to each other and their countrymen their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor. Many of them lost everything, including their families and their lives over the course of the next few years.
Lest we forget…

Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston! | Fauquier Free Citizen

Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 69560
I posted the opening to the Declaration on my Facebook and not a damn person knew what it was from....Happy bbq, beer, fireworks day!......................
Old 07-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
Thanks for the history lesson. A large segment of our population is seemingly ignorant of the circumstances that led to the birth of our nation.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
Thank you.

After I read the Declaration myself this morning I posted this to my facebook:
"For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States"

There's one "like" on it so far. I bet it's happening far more often now than it happened in the 18th century, though it was speaking of the King's military then, not the militarized police.

Federal weapon statutes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 75159
Thank you for this. Although I already knew the history, the way you presented it was brilliant! The title is a real attention grabber too!

NRA Endowment Member, Florida Carry Member, FRA Member
KCCO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

STITCS
RetiredFCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 63882
now its are own government taxing us to death and trying to take their guns
Old 07-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
I didnt write it. I just shared it. and added the video.

I love those schoolhouse rock videos talking about how we became a nation. I probably over post them but they are worth watching and sharing.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 29276
Thanks Bonehead, both are great. We all need to be reminded from time to time. Those of us who where taught the truth seem to be getting fewer every day.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35826
These words are just as powerful and just as valid TODAY as they were 237 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
72 Killed in Boston Resisting Gun Confiscation-declaration-independence.jpg  

Without the 2nd Amendment, the Bill of Rights is Irrelevant!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
RayMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 60093
Posted to FB. We'll see what happens...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
72 dead in boston
72 dead resisting gun confiscation
72 die in boston

72 killed in boston

72 killed in boston gun seizure

72 killed in gun seizure
72 people die in boston

72 people killed in boston

72 people killed in boston gun raid
72 people shot in boston

72 shot in boston

boston 72 nra shot
boston assault weapons ban 72 killed
boston gun seizure
boston guns 72 dead
boston shooting 72 dead
Click on a term to search for related topics.