• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Simply Safe home security?

This is a discussion on Simply Safe home security? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Does anyone have any experience with Simply Safe home security? I've been toying with the idea of a home security system for some time; our ...

Old 05-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 10789

Does anyone have any experience with Simply Safe home security? I've been toying with the idea of a home security system for some time; our room is upstairs so I don't trust myself to hear/wake up during a home entry. Plus it will give me a little more peace of mind when I leave my wife and child at home during business trips. Looks like a pretty good deal, with straightforward installation and low cost. Eveything is wireless, and it uses a GSM network so nobody can cut the line. Of course I imagine that also means a lot of battery changing...

It has me tempted, but I'm a little afraid of getting what I pay for...

Edit: Apparently Google searches are more effective when you get the name right. It's called SimpliSafe.
benhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698

That name sounds familiar. Is it the one advertised on Glenn Beck?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krackels View Post
That name sounds familiar. Is it the one advertised on Glenn Beck?
Maybe? I think I saw his name show up somewhere during my search.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 67471
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhar View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Simply Safe home security? I've been toying with the idea of a home security system for some time; our room is upstairs so I don't trust myself to hear/wake up during a home entry. Plus it will give me a little more peace of mind when I leave my wife and child at home during business trips. Looks like a pretty good deal, with straightforward installation and low cost. Eveything is wireless, and it uses a GSM network so nobody can cut the line. Of course I imagine that also means a lot of battery changing...

It has me tempted, but I'm a little afraid of getting what I pay for...

Edit: Apparently Google searches are more effective when you get the name right. It's called SimpliSafe.
I have a wireless system on a GSM network. Batteries aren't much of an issue these days. They have come a long way. Never heard of that company though. I would look them up on the BBB at least.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
I have a wireless system on a GSM network. Batteries aren't much of an issue these days. They have come a long way. Never heard of that company though. I would look them up on the BBB at least.
They're an A+. I think it's going to be between them and Front Point. I'm working to get some prices on Front Point without providing them my home number.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 75159

I have my alarm system through Guardian!

They are an awesome outfit and are QUICK to respond to an alarm! I accidently set off a perimeter sensor and they were calling me before I could run to the panel to shut it off! Lots of great features too! Smart phone access, computer access, monitored smoke/CO2 sensors. I even have a key fob with a panic button! Don't know if they service where you live but worth checking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRA Endowment Member, Florida Carry Member, FRA Member
KCCO

STITCS
RetiredFCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredFCC View Post

They are an awesome outfit and are QUICK to respond to an alarm! I accidently set off a perimeter sensor and they were calling me before I could run to the panel to shut it off! Lots of great features too! Smart phone access, computer access, monitored smoke/CO2 sensors. I even have a key fob with a panic button! Don't know if they service where you live but worth checking!

Thanks! I'm open to anything cheaper and better than ADT.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 67471
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredFCC View Post

I also use Gaurdian and have for many years. Well pleased with them.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 82940
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhar View Post
Thanks! I'm open to anything cheaper and better than ADT.
Well, phooey, there goes my post. Just signed on with ADT last month. They are also on cellular for communications. Had all the bells and whistles you mentioned, plus I got two key fobs from them since one would be fought over.
Wife recently tripped the back door sensor and they were calling before she could get to the control panel. I guess it matters which ADT you use.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Well I guess I shouldn't rule out ADT, I just got set down this path after seeing SimpliSafe's price point vs ADT.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
glenn beck alarm system
glenn beck security system
simple safe
simple safe security

simply safe

simply safe alarm glenn beck
simply safe beck
simply safe glenn beck
simply safe home security
simply safe home security reviews
simply safe security
simply safe security systems
simply safe usa
simply safe usa reviews
simplysafebeck.com
simplysafeusa.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.